lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
wareagle11949
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 5/16" X 3" Stainles Steel stud thru OBC for NEG. battery cables

Saw on another post where someone had included this as a part of their upgrades. Is this common and what are the benefits/advantages?
wareagle11949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 5/16" X 3" Stainles Steel stud thru OBC for NEG. battery cables

they do that so they don,t have to cut the end of a cable to get it thur.....run the stud thur and bolt cable to it and bolt a peice off the other side.........no extra benefit at all..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

The benefit is if you have upgraded controller and wiring, the wire going through the OBC has to be the same size as all the other cables or you will have problems.

If your cart is stock then like already said, no benefit.

On a side note, I think that 7/16 is the biggest size rod you can put through the OBC. Look up some of my earlier posts.
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I use a 5/16th rod. I don't think it needs to be ultra conductive metal like brass. I suggest you coat the rod with anti corrosive spray like Deka #00320 before you install and use a rubber washer on each side to keep it from grounding out the OBC mounting bracket (and cart frame)
The benefit comes in that the OBC then see the total usage as opposed to a second heavy cable going around the OBC. ...so it can better judge what is needed in the charge cycle to replenish the batteries.
Not all OBCs work this way, I am not sure which years actually have this feature. I think it is the 3rd generation OBC. Hopefully somebody like Tahoedawg will chime in here with more info.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car