lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: What should Load Test numbers be...or not be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Our Therapy Group meets thursday nights 1am -4

Bring coffee and a set of wrenches.
scotty don,t forget the electrical tape.don,t we have fun here?i........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #12
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
You guys need therapy . . . . .
As long as he/she is into golf carts, we might get along...and have somehting to talk about

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Our Therapy Group meets thursday nights 1am -4

Bring coffee and a set of wrenches.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Who's bringing the welding cable...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Who's bringing the welding cable...
I am. That solves ALL the problems concerning cable, right away.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
I am. That solves ALL the problems concerning cable, right away.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #16
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Won't the load test numbers depend on the load being put on the cart? Since I have put in scottyb's meter, I have watched my pack voltage fairly closely. I use my cart in the hills quite a bit for hunting. Fully charged going up a very steep hill, it drops to around 47-48 volts. As the charge drops, it goes down to the 44 volt range. Of course, on flatter hills, it doesn't go as low.

Shadow - Are the numbers you reference a "full" dead stop (against a tree or some barrier) type load test? I have always wondered what my numbers should be. With my meter, I at least have a comparative range I can watch for.
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

no these are #,s i,m just putting from reference of things i have done as i said i,m not certain if theres like an abslilute # or a set drop ...........my thinking is the same i think it depends on the load the battery the age how its maintained so many small things i don,t know that theres a real answer for this...........but if you stop on a hill and go the load is gonna be greater than stopping on flat land and than going............................now my cart with one of scottys meters if its reading 51.5 volts and i pull out it drops to 49 volts but recovers in a heartbeat...........but his 36 volt cart dropping to 27 volts is a 9 volt drop and to me thats a red flag somewhere.............i would think a true 36 volts if you just pull out shouldn,t drop past 32 volts and should recover very fast...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post
Won't the load test numbers depend on the load being put on the cart? Since I have put in scottyb's meter, I have watched my pack voltage fairly closely. I use my cart in the hills quite a bit for hunting. Fully charged going up a very steep hill, it drops to around 47-48 volts. As the charge drops, it goes down to the 44 volt range. Of course, on flatter hills, it doesn't go as low.

Shadow - Are the numbers you reference a "full" dead stop (against a tree or some barrier) type load test? I have always wondered what my numbers should be. With my meter, I at least have a comparative range I can watch for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
no these are #,s i,m just putting from reference of things i have done as i said i,m not certain if theres like an abslilute # or a set drop ...........my thinking is the same i think it depends on the load the battery the age how its maintained so many small things i don,t know that theres a real answer for this...........but if you stop on a hill and go the load is gonna be greater than stopping on flat land and than going............................now my cart with one of scottys meters if its reading 51.5 volts and i pull out it drops to 49 volts but recovers in a heartbeat...........but his 36 volt cart dropping to 27 volts is a 9 volt drop and to me thats a red flag somewhere.............i would think a true 36 volts if you just pull out shouldn,t drop past 32 volts and should recover very fast.................................
Well, you guys have derailed what had become perfectly hijacked thread. I HOPE you are proud of yourselves.

Seriously though, I will have a better Idea and post good numbers as my pack will be well rested and freshly charge by quitting time today. Ill post that info tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #19
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I said I would update so here it is.

Fresh and rested pack at 38.6 Volts

From a dead stop pack drops to 29 volts for an instant, the rapidly climbs to 34 at top crusing speed on a flat road.

Up a sandy hill over on some trails it went down to 30 while making the climb all the while increasing and made to 33. I haven't and probably wont do the load against something, but there it is for whatever its worth. The batts are 3Year old T-105's. Im sure they were neglected, but they are still too good to toss out. We will see how they hold up in our summer heat.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Generally speaking DO NOT 'load test' against an immovable object.
You can burnout a motor or controller in a stall situation in a matter of moments.
Load test with a voltmeter going up hill ~ hard start from a stop. That is enough to tell you.
A 36v pack dropping to 26v may move the cart but, that is close to the limit and usually indicates a problem with one or more batteries. If you are getting a big drop in pack voltage move the meter to one battery and re test with live load. Test them all this way and see if you have one that drops more than 2v by itself... that battery may have a bad cell...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car