lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tips for buying a trailer to haul cart

I know I'm late to the discussion, but I hope you'll avoid the same problem I had.

I bought a Sure-Trac 4x8 that an owner of an electric cart was selling. Dimensionally, my cart fit on it. However, the location of the axle was problematic, and possibly due to the majority of weight being displaced differently than an electric cart, I had negative tongue weight.

The Sure-Trac was sold last week. The next trailer I buy will need to have an axle placed in the back third of the trailer.

Our local Cabela's and Lowes each have 5x10 with fold-down gates. The axle is positioned properly, and my rear seat will still be "inside" the entire trailer (unlike the 4x. That will be my next purchase.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If your shopping used trailers broaden your search.
The very best single cart I own is an old Uhaul ride-on trencher trailer. The truck size tires provide safe & stable high speed travel. The drop axle keeps the load (cart) low and stable on the road. The tilt bed provides EASY loading. I had only to extend the rear 24 inches to accommodate the carts. I have hauled carts to GEM cars to industials on this ugly betty The only down side is no suspension but I just run the big tires a little low and they off good cushion without heat build up. My cost at purchase was $150
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #23
Ray and Lori's g14
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was hauling mine in the back of my pickup all it took was one close call on the ramp and I went looking for a trailer. I ended up with a 6X12 pipe top. It's great my golf cart has a back seat and that leaves me a couple of feet for extra stuff
Ray and Lori's g14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO