lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric golf cart questions

We use a golf cart around the dragstrip and ever so often we tow the car back if something happens, 1900 lb dragster. I may of sold my gas EZGO so I've been looking around for another one and noticed that elec carts are much cheaper. Everyone says to go gas but I was just wondering how the elec carts work out? Up keep on them, batteries, etc.
VHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric golf cart questions

Also I see some advertised 36 and 48 volt, which one is better? I know nothing about the elec carts and I don't want to buy something and find out to late I shouldn't have, thanks.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your going elec and your gonna pull the toy around sometimes go 48 volt don,t even concider a 36 volt cart.............your limited on how long you can run it around, i have to be honest about this for what your looking for you might just want to stay with a gas cart...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
rinman
Gone Wild

Club Car

VHT -

We drag raced for several years pulling around a junior dragster and cruising the pits. Gasser is really the way to go. I have an electric now, but were just camping and cruising the neighborhood.

I think your would have plenty of torque with a 48v, but run time would be limited with the electric. Gasser just add fuel!

That's my .02............
rinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
shmo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I agree on a gasser being a better fit for you. Unless a really quiet cart is important or if you're running very slowly through crowded areas, I think a Gasser would fill your needs better. They are easier to make go faster, and you sound like you are already geared to the combustion side of life. In my experience, the cost difference between a used gasser and a used electric is negliable. However, buying a used electric with old batteries is like buying a gas motor with a rod bearing knocking. Just be aware.

To answer your questions about electrics, besides charging them, maintenece is fairly limited. Check the water and connection on the batteries and go. However, a set of batteries is going to last your between 3-5 years, typically. In my area a replacement set of batteries for a 48 volt cart is around 750-900 bucks. A 48 volt cart is going to be a more powerfull cart, and will probably work the best for your application.
shmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
VHT
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies, I think I am going to stay with gas. I found a 99 EZGO that the guy says is like new and needs nothing. It has the good fold down rear seat, winshield and top but he won't take a dime less than $2500. May go look at it, it seemed high until I looked around. Thanks for the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car