lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Why no field winding bolts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
S1 & S2 are the field coil bolts. The 2 big bolts in the middle of the motor would be better described as "stator bolts" or something like that.

I would connect to S1 or S2...
-sj
Ok, thanks Sonicj!
delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m not 100% certain but if i remember and its been awhile C.C. winding bolts are inside the motor or they have a flat hex key type bolt that lays flush with motor housing from outside in i can,t remember.....but i assure you they are bolted on but i havn,t did one for awhile..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #13
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

I got in contact with the tech department at Alltrax today. They say my motor is a "CAN" type motor, and doesn't have the field winding bolts.

They specifically warned me to not connect to the S1, S2 or any other lug.

They said the best method with this type of motor is to use the aluminum insulated tape.

Tom, I wonder if you're right, and the bolts are countersunk on this model, and are simply under one of the stickers on the case? I don't feel anything thru the stickers, though...

Thanks everyone for the help!

Michael

This is the CAN type motor:

delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
Nate
Gone Wild

When I saw the picture of the black motor I was under the impression that was your motor. You are correct, CAN motors have no bolts on the case. What about plumbers strap? It's like a big hose clamp and would go around the entire motor. Might be more secure than tape. Just a thought.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
What about plumbers strap? It's like a big hose clamp and would go around the entire motor. Might be more secure than tape. Just a thought.
Do they make the automotive stainless steel ones in that size?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #16
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Save yourself some trouble. Leave those bolts alone and stick it on the case. It will probly be more accurate there anyways verses the feild coil or armature bolts. Heck, what would be the difference if you tack welded a bolt to the case?
I'd like to clarify WHY I said this, reason being if you were to try and remove the second nut on the field or armature studs to slip the sensor under the nut more often than not people tend to twist the whole stud. When you twist them they usually break. (90% of the time or better) Its best to leave them alone unless absolutely necessary. I know your not doing this anyways just wanted to clarify for others.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car