lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Jerseyboy
Not Yet Wild

Default Trying to get more speed

I have a 99 electric club cart 48v, I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get more power out of it with out braking the bank.
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
lmswest
Gone Wild

Default Re: Trying to get more speed

Add tire pressure for less rolling resistance , replace rear end oil to a lighter weight synthetic , running a taller tire in the rear will get you more top speed. Bigger wires may help a tad but is wise to do regardless.. after that you can spend 300 ish for a plumquick rebuild or 560ish on a D&D motor to get you close to 30 mph A bigger amperage controller will give you gobs of torque. Buy the biggest one you can afford. Youll thank me later
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy View Post
I have a 99 electric club cart 48v, I was wondering if there is anything I can do to get more power out of it with out braking the bank.
I agree with last post. Call Plum quick and after you get your motor, you can upgrade other parts as you go!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I definitely agree need upgrade the cables and also checkout EMP for rebuilt motor and there are other places too...EMP will be around $250 for upgraded motor if you have a core..
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
Jerseyboy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Im defintiy going to do most of that. I have another question, since i have 48v cart can i add 1 or 2 more batteries also with out damaging anything?
Jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #6
seen-nc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

A stock motor to Plum quick was well worth the money...
Bandit upgrade option: $225.00
All stock parts motor change out 14mph to 21/22mph level ground.....
seen-nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car