lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #21
Waverider969
Gone Wild

Default Re: 36v to 48v question

Yeah kinda stinks they don't have 36v cores in stock. I'd be buying one now. Figure at this point ill upgrade and see how the clunker does. I was getting around 17mph bone stock on iPhone GPS. My 10" tires are fairly light. The back seat worries me a bit since that one is not so light.
Waverider969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
cobblestone
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Any opinions about batteries. I have a wholesale account with Interstate. Anyone ever used Interstate 8v batteries?
cobblestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Guy at plum quick told me to stay away from them and like every other industry pro I've talked to he highly recommended Trojans.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #24
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Going from 36V to 48V is a 25% increase in power, you should roughly see the same increase in speed and torque. I said roughly. Adding a built (PQ) 36V motor will keep it rolling when you add the bigger tires, lift, rear seat and HD leaf springs (all = weight). Agreed, solenoid you should change to 48V. V-glide and resistors will be your weak link when upgrading to 48V with 4ga cables. V-glide is tight for space on the cable side and the wiper contacts may arc a bit more. Resistors will get hotter, faster, when at less than full speed. May burnout/break at some point. I haven't had any issue, but I either go full pedal or coast, to avoid resistor "glow", when possible. After you do all that and still have the need for more speed/torque, you're done. You then will need to go with a controller setup (or a different built motor). At least you will have the 48V batteries. Probably didn't help you at all, but thought I'd throw this out there. As someone once told me, "You're only limited by your wife or your wallet!". Have fun. Good carting.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #25
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Do the conversion right the first time. It needs to be converted to solid state. Those resistor coils WILL NOT hold up. Save yourself a fire and call Scottyb at www.cartsunlimited.net
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #26
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

As far as the interstate batteries - I have use countess sets on builds and have only had to ever replace 1 battery.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36v to 48v system ?, resistor car, solenoid?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car