lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #11
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: what's keeping this motor attached to the gearbox?

I can't tell you my story yet, it's coming soon though! Maybe mine will be easy since it has lived in the desert.
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau View Post
Man these are starting to sound like TIWTIWGTD stories.
Last one of those I had involved a runaway Detroit 12V149. An OGOGWAGTD event!
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #13
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Last one of those I had involved a runaway Detroit 12V149. An OGOGWAGTD event!
Runaway Detroits, those'll make you leave a stain in your shorts real quick! Just out of curiosity, did you get the air to it shut off or did you have to let it blow?
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Runaway Detroits, those'll make you leave a stain in your shorts real quick! Just out of curiosity, did you get the air to it shut off or did you have to let it blow?
E-kills worked, fuel solenoid stayed open resulting in Thick black smoke!!!! Even if you kill the air they'll stay running if your still pouring fuel to it. Hard to think when you think its going to explode. We finally pulled the fuel line, opened the ekills and let it run out.We got it all worked out....works fine now. We recently had a 16V149 in the shop....that things a beast. Sounds like its turning 10K We were testing it on our test line an one of the turbos exploded...caught fire. It got all new turbos. Talk about stains.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #15
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
E-kills worked, fuel solenoid stayed open resulting in Thick black smoke!!!! Even if you kill the air they'll stay running if your still pouring fuel to it. Hard to think when you think its going to explode. We finally pulled the fuel line, opened the ekills and let it run out.We got it all worked out....works fine now. We recently had a 16V149 in the shop....that things a beast. Sounds like its turning 10K We were testing it on our test line an one of the turbos exploded...caught fire. It got all new turbos. Talk about stains.
I'd imagine that turbo blowing was a sight to see! All that power in those engines, gets scary when they do stuff you don't expect!!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:40 AM   #16
rib33024

Here i found it, this sounds crazy but it works, be carefully the motor is heavy when it comes off,

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post583795

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tml#post583837

here's another way to

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...or-batman.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #17
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

FINALLY got the motor (I should say armature since that's what was left stuck on the shaft) I was working on off of the rear end shaft today completely undamaged. I took the entire rear end out of the cart, stood it on the passenger side end, and banged it on the ground about five or six times pretty hard. Suddenly, as I was about to give up, plop went the armature into the foam padding I had down for it. NOTHING, and I repeat nothing, was going to get this motor off of the shaft, no amount of prying or heat or PB blaster I tried would budge it, but this did. I saw somewhere on here that Scottyb mentioned this method, and so did TahoeDawg in the thread linked in the reply above. Yes, taking the entire rear end out is a little bit of a chore, but it is well worth it when the motor comes off with relative ease. I'm here to tell you that it works, and I think someone ought to make this method a sticky so that others with a stuck motor can forgo the prying and cursing and possibly breaking something.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car