lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Squireiii
Not Yet Wild

Default Ausco brake drag when weighed down

07 PDS. Ausco cable disks installed with calipers on top. No lift. Seems to be properly adjusted when driven with two or less passengers on front seat. When passengers added to rear seat, brakes drag, get hot, heat up wheels, and eventually squeek. Perhaps I should install them on bottom of rotors as designed. Just wanted to avoid potential damage due to hitting something. Anyone have similar experience or insight?
Thanks!
Squireiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ausco brake drag when weighed down

If you can try posting a pic so we can see.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

the fact that you have installed them in a different configuration than they were designed for should tell you something and why you are having issues. I am going to guess that the cables are close to the limit of their length (with the lift) and when the extra weight is added to the back, it actually starts to "pull" the brakes closed causing the issues you see.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
the fact that you have installed them in a different configuration than they were designed for should tell you something and why you are having issues. I am going to guess that the cables are close to the limit of their length (with the lift) and when the extra weight is added to the back, it actually starts to "pull" the brakes closed causing the issues you see.
He actually said "NO LIFT", but I agree with your assessment otherwise. I'm guessing that either the cables are stretched to the max by installing the brakes on top or this configuration allows the suspension to interfere with the cables and stretches them as the suspension sags.

Unless you are rock crawling, I would suggest just installing them the way they are designed to work. There are a lot of them out there and you just don't hear people complaining about clearance enough to consider it a problem.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I don't have disks, but could you loosen the compensator and still have them perform with less load?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
He actually said "NO LIFT", but I agree with your assessment otherwise. I'm guessing that either the cables are stretched to the max by installing the brakes on top or this configuration allows the suspension to interfere with the cables and stretches them as the suspension sags.

Unless you are rock crawling, I would suggest just installing them the way they are designed to work. There are a lot of them out there and you just don't hear people complaining about clearance enough to consider it a problem.
OOPS....obviously I miss read......but still, as you mentioned, the rest applies.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Squireiii
Not Yet Wild

A logical solution. It's a pavement cart mainly, so probably won't have an issue with damage. I'll switch them around. Thanks for the responses!
Squireiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO