lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #31
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: PDS beeps and motor stops the cart.

The switch is working perfectly. I'm hoping that it was just 2 bad speed sensors. If it is that will be one heck of some odds.
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #32
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskent85 View Post
The switch is working perfectly. I'm hoping that it was just 2 bad speed sensors. If it is that will be one heck of some odds.
A loose or bad magnet disk can also cause speed sensor problems.
Also make sure both the inner and outer snap rings are in the grooves so the spacing between the rotating magnet disk and the sensor is correct.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #33
chriskent85
Gone Wild

I will definitely check that when i get the new speed sensor in, I had to cut some bolts down to attach the speed magnet and I might have cut it too long and the magnet might not be completely secure. I will check that as well as the snap rings
Old 01-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #34
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Idk what to do! I got the new speed sensor in today and it didn't fix the issue, I tried switching speed magnets- no fix, i switched controllers - no fix, I switched solenoids - no fix. I switched out the ITS - No fix, I switched out the micro switch in the throttle box - no fix. I looked at all the wiring and plugs and found nothing wrong with those. There has go to be something im missing!!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There are two in-line connectors that cause trouble and are often missed.
1. The six pin connector that connects the 4-wire cable out of the pedal box to the wiring harness.
2. The push-on in-line connector between the charge receptacle and the wiring harness.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #36
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Where is the 6 pin connector at? I actually crimped the wire from the charge receipticle together.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:34 AM   #37
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The attached drawing is for a series cart, but the location should be about the same. The 4-wire cable from the pedal box comes through a hole in the frame into the battery compartment and connects to the wiring harness down low where it gets wet and corrodes, or higher up where it is exposed to the acid laden air that collects around the batteries and corrodes.

The in-line connecter from the charge receptacle failed on my cart when I was out and about. I had a handheld DVM with me and found the problem, cut the connector off and twisted the wires together. I soldered the wires together when I got back to the house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS in-line plug.JPG (138.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #38
chriskent85
Gone Wild

ok well im keeping my fingers crossed, i put the oem speed sensor in the cart that wasnt working right and with it up on jack stands i thought it was going into limp mode but it was just hitting the speed limit and slowing down. once i put the cart on ground it drove fine, fixed the issue, called nivel and told them that their aftermarket speed sensor was the problem and returning them. Gonna have to purchase a oem sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO