lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #1
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I'm running into a wiring roadblock

I need some quick help. I'm wiring in the alltrax spm controller and I'm running into a road block. I got most of the wiring done, but there is a blue wire that came off of one side of the run switch (not the one that goes to the key switch but the one that has the jumper wire to the reverse switch) that ran to the controller, I thought is was the M- or B- terminal but I can't remember which. I looked at the wiring diagram that's in the alltrax manual and it shows it going to the charger? Where does it go? I also need to know where the positive and negative cable ends off the charge receptacle cord goes. Please
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2014, 02:45 AM   #2
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I'm running into a wiring roadblock

Ok, after looking at some diagrams and scratching my head a lot that wire is supposed to go to the interlock, or reed switch from what I've read, but from what I can tell I don't have a reed switch. So if I have no reed switch where is that wire running too?
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic for a Medalist without a reed switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Medalist Series - No Reed Switch - Schematic.JPG (72.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sweet, thanks Johnnie! So if i understood it correctly the blue wire goes to the positive (battery side) of the solenoid, and on the charge wires the positive goes to the battery side of the solenoid and negative goes to B- on the controller? I'm going to assume that the thing marked 250 5w is the resistor?
Old 03-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal View Post
1. So if i understood it correctly the blue wire goes to the positive (battery side) of the solenoid,

2. and on the charge wires the positive goes to the battery side of the solenoid and negative goes to B- on the controller?

3. I'm going to assume that the thing marked 250 5w is the resistor?
1. That is the way I read the schematic also.

2. Yes, or you could just run the charge wires to the main positive (white wire) terminal on the battery pack and the black charge wire to the main negative terminal on the battery pack. That is how they are connected on later year carts.

3. Yes, the used 270 ohm 10W on later year 36V carts and if you are upping the pack voltage to 42V or 48V, it should be 470 Ohm 10W.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Kal
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks man, once again you saved my bacon. I noticed that on the diagrams, they have the battery charge leads going direct to the battery pack, thats what made me question it when I read this diagram. As you can tell reading diagrams is not my strong suit. It took pictures to understand which way the diode went in. I've got a new resistor coming from scottyb since I'm converting over to 48v. It should be here sometime this coming week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO