lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2014, 04:46 PM   #21
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Trying to get my 2002 club going

Sergio:
I sent Scottb a message, thanks again, but I will try those test....
todleb64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #22
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

Sergio:
I did contact ScottyB, and he said that you know these carts better, and all he had were Alltrex controllers, and no harnesses, and i did do that

MCOR test, and here is what I got, 5.43 up, and 5.50 down, Hummm
Old 10-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #23
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
There was no MCORs on the PD Plus cars. That must have been on the frame, which is from 02. Just out of curiosity, does the F-R housing have a port on the bottom of it?

Here is my guess, the cart was originally an 02 IQ. It looks like the IQ controller went out and a DIYer decided to stick a PD Plus controller in there. And changed some things for it to work

CC:
I did take a pic of the F/R panel I will inclose and there is a hole on the bottom, and there is a tag, with the following numbers strapped to the wire, 102244001, and under that number is 8-01
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1051.jpg (155.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1047.jpg (130.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #24
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

I sure would like to know what to do now, I am stumped!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am lost, the colors in the FNR switch match the IQ wiring diagram????

I thought I had seen a post where ScottyB and TahoeDawg were putting a package combining an IQ harness and controllers, my bad.... I was thinking a new harness may solve your problem and a 500amp controller would work well with that 10HP motor you posted.

Unless someone has seen a cart with that particular configuration, I am afraid it is a chop job.

By the way, I am not an expert with those carts, but I am good with electronics and enjoy troubleshooting.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:32 AM   #26
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I agree with Sergio. I think somebody put a PD Plus controller in an IQ cart. It looks like they didn't care what they had to change to make it work

EDIT: After looking at the F-R switch again, it all makes sense. When the original IQ controller was in there, there was a separate wire harness running from the controller to the hole in the F-R housing. You could plug in a programmer and program the controller. Since there is no place to plug this wire into the PD Plus controller, and because this controller is not programmable, the harness was removed
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #27
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

Sergio:
What type of Harness would I need? and controller, since I have a combination of parts

also, what do you make of the voltage I got out of doing the MCOR check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I am lost, the colors in the FNR switch match the IQ wiring diagram????

I thought I had seen a post where ScottyB and TahoeDawg were putting a package combining an IQ harness and controllers, my bad.... I was thinking a new harness may solve your problem and a 500amp controller would work well with that 10HP motor you posted.

Unless someone has seen a cart with that particular configuration, I am afraid it is a chop job.

By the way, I am not an expert with those carts, but I am good with electronics and enjoy troubleshooting.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:26 AM   #28
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

Guys:
Could yawl help me out on what I would need to get this cart going, considering that the motor, works and the batteries are new, that is a grand right there, oh by the way the charger is a PowerDrive 2, Model# 22110, dont think I ever listed that, here is the specs on the motor,

Club Car DS

All Precedent models

IQ Regen High Speed Electric Motor 10 Spline Axles

• Speeds up to 24 MPH.

• 10.0 peak horsepower.

• Replaces D390.

Exclusive Motors Providing More Torque and Speed Than the Leading Motor!

• Can be used with OEM, Alltrax or GE controllers.

• Gain extra speed and torque.

• More efficient than the leading motor.

Please tell me what you think I need...
Old 10-08-2014, 07:40 AM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

It seems you do not have a good MCOR.
MCOR is not the best input signal for controllers other than OEM or Curtis brand.
TahoedawgZ71 and myself have a kit to convert this cart to series drive. This kit includes modifying your wire harness. The kit includes hi torque D&D motor, 700a control, reversing contactor, and everything needed to make the conversion. The cost is about $2000. You would have to sell your motor & charger to recoup some cost.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #30
todleb64
Not Yet Wild

There has got to be a different way, this cart was moving at one point, and I cant see spending that much money, there has to be another option, with what I have....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car