lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
hardway
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default how is your G1

I have a G2 for a few months now. It is mostly done(for now).
I got a line on a G1 for $500.Stock, runs with a very touchy throttle, cable is prolly to tight. When I turn key to drive it has an additional switch(aftermarket) that must be turned on. When it is on I can hear a buzz, I know that is not rite.Lastly, the tires are shot. I got a bud that is hot for a cart now that I got one. I figure $300 max and I can have it running decent. He isn't mechanically inclined nor does he want to modify. My ? is, do you like your G1 and is it easy to work on/find parts?
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: how is your G1

Love my g1 and have rebuilt a couple for some friends most parts are still available although there is a few getting harder to find once you get them running right they are bullet proof
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:48 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They are fun carts. But the two cycle likely wont give as many years as the 4 cycle used in most other yamahas.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

They are built like little tanks and when you tilt the body back everything is out in the open to work on. I like mine a lot.
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardway View Post
When I turn key to drive it has an additional switch(aftermarket) that must be turned on. When it is on I can hear a buzz, I know that is not rite.
Sounds like an electric fuel pump on a switched circuit
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha