lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
abbycart
Not Yet Wild

Default Problem with new solenoid not working

Posting info here on a replacement White/Rodgers solenoid for gas G1 Yamaha golf cart. Had a problem with reverse not working. Replaced solenoid and it was still not working. When I tried to start the cart, the solenoid would click but would not start. To check the solenoids pulled the yellow and blue wires off each solenoid and swapped them, what I got was the reverse would start the generator and engine but would be spinning forward and the cart would not move. It was trying to engage the clutch but just making a clunking noise. The problem is the new solenoid is not adjusted properly from the factory. To check the new solenoid check for continuity on the two front terminals, if you don't get a reading, you have two options, you can return the solenoid for a new one or you can fix the problem yourself. Compare the screws in the middle of the solenoids, below the two terminals with the red paint on it. I notice the screw was turned all the way in, which is holding the contacts open preventing a circuit, this is why I wasn't getting a reading on the meter. I slowly turned the screw out until I got a continuity reading across those two terminals. Works now!
abbycart is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha