lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
ccarlley
Not Yet Wild

Default Knock on Startup-Rebuild or not?

Newbie question. My 1998 295cc Robins makes a slight knocking sound until it warms up. Noticeable. I could leave it alone and maybe be fine or I could rebuild and go through all that work. I'm torn because I don't want to damage the crankshaft but don't want to rebuild needlessly. Any opinions? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ccarlley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Knock on Startup-Rebuild or not?

Can you post a video to youtube of the knock and let us play the video to hear it ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #3
ccarlley
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for weighing in Trig123. Seems fine now. Maybe it sat for a long time and the oil took time to build pressure. Dunno. But if it stays like this, I'm good! I tried to post a link of the vid but was denied because of being a noob. Thanks again tho.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarlley View Post
Thanks for weighing in Trig123. Seems fine now. Maybe it sat for a long time and the oil took time to build pressure. Dunno. But if it stays like this, I'm good! I tried to post a link of the vid but was denied because of being a noob. Thanks again tho.

Is your oil pressure light staying lit or coming on and going off?
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
ccarlley
Not Yet Wild

Hmmm. Didnt think this TXT had an oil pressure light or even a place to install one. Great idea, however. I've not examined this engine closely so it may have a place where I can install one. Thanks for that idea.

Old 11-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
gotti
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccarlley View Post
Hmmm. Didnt think this TXT had an oil pressure light or even a place to install one. Great idea, however. I've not examined this engine closely so it may have a place where I can install one. Thanks for that idea.

I don't know about that model but I recently installed a manual gauge on mine because the oil pressure light would never go off. Turns out it was correct because I wasn't getting any oil pressure. I replaced the oil pump and oil pump cover this weekend and it's all good now. I avoided a costly replacement or repair.
gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO