lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 93 ezgo airbox removed?

I have a 93 marathon with the 295 Robbins engine. Right now I have a car battery but it doesn't fit very well since the air box is in the way and it sits crooked. I've wanted to do something different with the air box to get more flow to the engine with a k & n filter. Looking at it I think I can take out the big plastic part of the box where the hose connects to it then put a shorter rubber hose on it and connect a smaller cone style filter on the end. So that would solve my bigger battery issue and have a better air filter for my engine. So what I'm wondering is has anyone else done something similar to their cart?
gmcman317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2015, 08:32 AM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 ezgo airbox removed?

Can you take a pic? I have a group 24 car battery in my cart and don't have any trouble with room. Is your battery a group 24 size? I don't think you will have any problem changing over to a cone style filter.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:20 AM   #3
gmcman317
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 ezgo airbox removed?

I found a pic of exactly what i wanna do to my cart. I'll take a pic of mine when i get home. My battery is the same size as the one in this cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20150405_150822700_HDR.jpg (120.8 KB, 0 views)
gmcman317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO