lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #1
Barry_Calgary
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for advice on a harder compound tire

Hi All,
I am looking for advice on a harder compound type tire 23X10.5X12.
I would prefer an off road type tire as I do use the cart on pavement and grass dirt etc.
Thanks
Barry_Calgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Looking for advice on a harder compound tire

Most people go with the desert type tires for dual use, they are for hard pack surfaces and look mostly like huge treaded snow/truck tires. They have more rubber on the ground than a mud tire so they ride smoother on pavement and wear longer. They will still be more aggressive than a turf tire. They wont be as good in mud because they plug up more, but they will work well in sand/dirt and harder surfaces.

These would be like desert fox and all trails, and similar tread tires. You can also look at bighorn and trilobites and similar, they are on a lot of polaris stock and can nearly do it all. None of them should tear up yards or ride rough on pavement. Make sure you toe in is right so you don't scrub the tires off on pavement.

Also note some tires like the all trails tend to have a flat tread across the tire, while others like the bighorn are more rounded. This can change how the tire rides and wears. The rounded is nicer off road but if you run more pressure it can wear more in the center. If you run more pressure (like 12-15psi) your cart will be faster as low pressure will slow you down. If you have a larger engine in the cart it does not matter as much. The flatter type tread can actually be less effective diameter and net you a lower top speed for the same size tire, it can ride a little harder on offroad rough surfaces. The round tires can be better regulated with pressure as to how they ride and diameter. I would always recommend an ATV rated tire they have stronger sidewalls and much better puncture resistance for offroad use, they should be 3 ply rated or more for atv.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #3
Barry_Calgary
Not Yet Wild

Update< I went with RHOX RXLP 225/55-B12 DOT 4 Ply
Much harder compound so I should get good wear out of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TIR-342_l.jpg (164.0 KB, 0 views)
Barry_Calgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:12 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That is not off road, but it will have awesome tread wear.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha