lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2016, 05:43 PM   #1
snow plow man
Not Yet Wild

Default g29 fuze problem

I got a problem with a g29 gas 2008 i had one go out on the course and blew a fuze last night. so working on it to day i call the dealer to pick their brain, no luck, i keep blowing it i have change out most of the parts today to try to fine it no luck so here i am. i have change the starter,battery, relay, unplug f / r switch, and the voltage regulator just to try what my problem could be. I don't fine any bad wires just by looking. ground are clean, any thoughts.

THANKS
snow plow man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: g29 fuze problem

Something is grounding somewhere. Make sure you don't have any accessories grounded to the frame at all. Ground to the neg battery post only. May end up being something in the wiring harness that has shorted and grounding out. I'd look for anything worn. I've also heard of voltage regulators sometimes having a slight crack and grounding out. Just a thought. I know you said you checked it.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
snow plow man
Not Yet Wild

GOT IT i jack it up and put it in gear never blew the fuze. started looking closer out side back clutch plate has 4 slot wore through it. I need a new disk and i think that what was putting the load on the motor because the belt was getting hung up. I look at one of my other cart and it solid no holes in disk.

curt
Old 06-16-2016, 05:26 PM   #4
snow plow man
Not Yet Wild

wrong still got the problem, i lost now.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Had a g29 with the same problem the other day. As soon as I put a new fuse in it, it would spark and blow. I unhooked avr/engine stop relay/solenoid small wires/starter generator charge leads and the forward reverse switch. I started by installing a fuse, no spark and didn't blow Hooked up the generator charge leads/ solenoid wires/avr and engine stop relay, no blown fuse Plugged in the f/r switch..POP. Not saying that is you culprit, but worth 5 minutes of your time to check it out. Good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #6
snow plow man
Not Yet Wild

well here a new one, we try a 30 amp fuze no problem then hit the gas and acted like the starter was having trouble to turn over pop fuze blew. i got a member that is smart looked at the cart last night and fuze blew. so he made a 30 amp fuze, a house fuze at that. We was going to do a burn test, that would be running it until it burn up or smokes to find the problem. will not blow any thoughts now. with this crazy fuze way something got to work.

thanks
Old 06-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #7
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Putting in larger fuse to smoke the wires is a terrible idea good way to burn other things up they are small fuses for a reason
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #8
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow plow man View Post
well here a new one, we try a 30 amp fuze no problem then hit the gas and acted like the starter was having trouble to turn over pop fuze blew. i got a member that is smart looked at the cart last night and fuze blew. so he made a 30 amp fuze, a house fuze at that. We was going to do a burn test, that would be running it until it burn up or smokes to find the problem. will not blow any thoughts now. with this crazy fuze way something got to work.

thanks
It's never a good idea to up the amperage of the fuse. They are rated at the amps they are for a reason. But your little test may have provided you a clue. The slow, sluggish starter operation may indicate a shorted winding inside the starter and it's drawing way more current than it should. The only real way to prove that is with a current meter and see where the heavy current draw is coming from
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:18 AM   #9
snow plow man
Not Yet Wild

Hey sandbagger

I took a starter on one of my other cart from the same year and model and it has done the same thing. That why i am so lost in my 30 plus years of doing this. I'm at a clueless.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #10
snow plow man
Not Yet Wild

Here the problem my sub frame has broke by the shock, so moving the cart causes the cart to ground out from starter to throttle cable to blow the fuze.
order new sub - frame
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha