lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Dadster
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default To premix gas or not

I have a G1 2 stroke, Is there any advantage to premix the gas with oil or use the automatic oil system,
If I do mix oil & gas what do I do with oil pump? Do you plug the oil inlet to the carb? Just need some input as what to do.
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: To premix gas or not

Hi Dadster, I have 2 G1's and on both I mix. I just dont trust the oiler systems. Some folks swear by them and I guess their ok unless you peak your governor, bigger tires, anything to make it go faster I just dont think that little pump was made to handle much higher rpm's. I do know that both of my G1's run better after I mix. I just pinch off the line from the muffer and squash it shut so you dont have a muffler leak and remove all the lines. Both of mine still have the oilers on them and they run fine. I put about 60 miles on one of my G1's in the last week mostly wide open and runs great.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
ezrydr
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Dadster,
what ratio are you mixing?

thanks,
Steve
ezrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Dadster
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I,m Not mixing yet, I really don't trust the pump on the cart.
What is the recommended mixture for these? I figured 40 or 50 to1.
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I use 1 pint of Yamalube for every 5 gallons in my 2 G1's. I cant remember the mix ratio but if you use 1 pint to every 5 gallons I believe that comes out to 50 to 1.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha