lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #1
Ascender
Not Yet Wild

Default fuel coming out the vent hole of the carb... fuel pump issues?

So I am having fuel coming out the vent hole of my carb, and the cart is having backfire issues. I thought it was the float so I took the carb apart, it was clean no problems, put it back together same issues. So ordered a new oem carb... same issues. So i disconnected the fuel pump and rigged up a gravity feet tank and the the issues stopped. I have never heard of these pumps causing too much pressure. Any ideas?

Oh its a early 80s ez go two stroke, no oil injection.
Ascender is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #2
Timberwolflt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel coming out the vent hole of the carb... fuel pump issues?

Sounds like the pump’s bypass isn’t functioning properly... if it has one ... which it should... that money might have been better spent on a new pump
Timberwolflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

This is what's inside of a 2 stroke fuel pump. Two check valves, and two diaphragms. Nothing else. It operates on air pulses from the engine. I just don't see it causing the problem. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html

The usual culprits are float level, stuck float, bowl restriction not letting gas out, and reed valves not sealing, allowing air to push back through the carburetor.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Ascender
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
This is what's inside of a 2 stroke fuel pump. Two check valves, and two diaphragms. Nothing else. It operates on air pulses from the engine. I just don't see it causing the problem. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...fuel-pump.html

The usual culprits are float level, stuck float, bowl restriction not letting gas out, and reed valves not sealing, allowing air to push back through the carburetor.
It has me pretty stumped... There is a filter just before the pump, and it does fine when i gravity feed the carb. Both carbs are doing the same. I checked the reed valves when i rebuilt the engine and everything looked great.
Ascender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
Goob
Not Yet Wild

I had one do that with several carburetors,I found a old one with a good rubber tipped needle and seat changed it and fixed the problem,the steel tipped ones is want caused my problem!
Goob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:15 PM   #6
Sleezygo
Not Yet Wild

I’ve had this happen a couple times between dads cart and mine. It was the float needle, for some reason I had to free it upBoth the carbs I bought brand new. I simply had to make sure the needle moved up and down with the float. The needle seemed to be bound up and wouldn’t close all the way for some reason. So I just twisted it back and forth in its seat ant it solved the problem.
Sleezygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO