lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
Capt. Ron
Not Yet Wild

Default Ausco Brake upgrade for G29 - advice and PN?

Has anyone upgraded the G29 Drive model with Ausco rear caliper disc brakes?

I have not contacted Ausco directly yet - it's on my list today, but can not find a model number, or if the brake set is even available.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestion/assistance.
Capt. Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2021, 08:50 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ausco Brake upgrade for G29 - advice and PN?

You would have to have the 2015 or newer with Dana/Schafer axle (has a black sheetmetal differential cover). There is no way to do this with the older G29 with Team axle (big aluminum fins on the bottom & no differential cover).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Might do a "search" on these brakes. The comments will tell you if you really want to "upgrade". I was never a fan of them. Good luck.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:33 PM   #4
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You would have to have the 2015 or newer with Dana/Schafer axle (has a black sheetmetal differential cover). There is no way to do this with the older G29 with Team axle (big aluminum fins on the bottom & no differential cover).
This^

Also, they share the part number with the Club Car kit
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 04:42 PM   #5
Capt. Ron
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the replies....it doesn't look like I have fins, so it looks like I have the Dana/Schafer axle....so I read some good and some bad....

What do you all think about the Jakes front brake kit...

My cart's rear brakes need servicing, and I really don't want to put any money into them until I have an improved braking system for the cart....maybe I locked them up too much this past winter playing around on the ice, but they do not seem safe, and even if I service, I would bet that I will wear through the new shoes in record time....

You all have any other suggestions? Basically took a yamaha g29 and added all the bells and whistles...now it seems to heavy for the loads - especially when fully loaded.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:24 AM   #6
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have the Jakes 6” lift on my cart so I installed the front disk brakes for this setup. I had just replaced the Team rear end because of worn out brakes and wanting a better breaking system with a cart full of people. This cart will stop on a dime now I am very please with it.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:12 PM   #7
Capt. Ron
Not Yet Wild

LimitedEditon I have a follow up...

so with the two front Jakes discs, do you still run the original rear drum setup? That may sound like a silly question to many, but I want to make sure that is how to run the brake setup...Jakes 2 disc kit up front and rear original drums, right?.

How long did it take you to install? my guess (for me anyway) will be 2 days)

TIA!!!
Old 05-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #8
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I am running both front and rear breaks . I decided to install the front brakes to reduce the wear on the rear brakes. I don’t think running front breaks only would be an option. It only took about two hours to install the Jakes setup. The calipers are setup to bolt on to the Jakes axles. I had to drill a hole in the firewall to access the break pedal compartment to install the master cylinder. The break assembly comes pre assembled, there is a bracket to be installed that holds the master cylinder. Just route the break lines out of harms way.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:18 AM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEdition View Post
I am running both front and rear breaks . I decided to install the front brakes to reduce the wear on the rear brakes. I don’t think running front breaks only would be an option. It only took about two hours to install the Jakes setup. The calipers are setup to bolt on to the Jakes axles. I had to drill a hole in the firewall to access the break pedal compartment to install the master cylinder. The break assembly comes pre assembled, there is a bracket to be installed that holds the master cylinder. Just route the break lines out of harms way.
^^^^----This----^^^^

I've been running 'em for over ten years. Steep hills here in SW Pa. and where I go, it's actually unsafe to not have the stopping power of the Jakes front disc.

I too left the rear drums on. Works like a charm!! I'd recommend getting 'em.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha