lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
McMasterXX
Not Yet Wild

Question 2001 Carryall 2

Hello all!

I am a newbie, but wanted to get some suggestions from all of you experienced guys out there... I have a 2001 carryall 2 that I got for almost nothing a few years back. It has been sitting in my back yard for a couple of years now, but I am thinking of bringing it back to life, and doing upgrades. It has 6 Deka 8V batteries that I dont know the condition of, a metal cab, a flat bed w/out the rails and is stock.

I want to lift it, make it go fast(speed junky!), add a cd player (I want to mount it in the dash), add a back flip flop seat, keep the cab usable. My budget is low, and would have to request permission from the boss first on all accounts (LOL!).

What should I do first? Can these Deka's be salvaged or should I get new batts?? I am somewhat mechanical and am awesome at reading directions (when I cant just figure it out!) but cant weld or anything like that.

PLEASE Help!!!!

Thanks.

Nick
McMasterXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Carryall 2

The Batteries are the #1 concern now.

Pull the cart in some place nice and dry (and warm)
Remove all the batteries , check and repair cable ends.Make sure you note how batteries are wired before removing.
Test each battery separately with a digital Volt meter and post results here, (I'm doubting they can be saved)
Check water level in each battery and fill 1/4 to 1/2 inch above plates with Distilled water.
If you have a Power-drive or Power-drive Plus charger for the cart, the batteries will need to be charged above 36 Volts for the cart charger to come on.
So you will need to charge the batteries 2 at a time with a 12 Volt car charger until
each has a charge > 6 volts.

If all get to 6 volt and hold , then you can place them back into the cart and charge with the 48 Volt cart charger.

Let me know what happens
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 Carryall 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMasterXX View Post
Hello all!

I am a newbie, but wanted to get some suggestions from all of you experienced guys out there... I have a 2001 carryall 2 that I got for almost nothing a few years back. It has been sitting in my back yard for a couple of years now, but I am thinking of bringing it back to life, and doing upgrades. It has 6 Deka 8V batteries that I dont know the condition of, a metal cab, a flat bed w/out the rails and is stock.

I want to lift it, make it go fast(speed junky!), add a cd player (I want to mount it in the dash), add a back flip flop seat, keep the cab usable. My budget is low, and would have to request permission from the boss first on all accounts (LOL!).

What should I do first? Can these Deka's be salvaged or should I get new batts?? I am somewhat mechanical and am awesome at reading directions (when I cant just figure it out!) but cant weld or anything like that.

PLEASE Help!!!!

Thanks.

Nick

Not likely these batteries will come back to life....
This project may not fit your budget.
Price batteries and tires and lift kits and flip seats and stereos
..... none of it is very cheap????
Especially electric speed
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car