lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default G2 driven clutch shaft broke off rear

This is on my brothers cart. He has what he said is a g2 cart and it has a big lift & tires to boot. The engine is stock but I think it has a comet clutch. Well a while back he said the shaft the driven clutch it bolts to on the rearend, broke off. I guess the shaft broke in half. The driven clutch also broke. Well heres the question, is it cheaper to repair or replace the complete rearend? Anyone ever replaced this part or is this commen?
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 driven clutch shaft broke off rear

rear end will be har to find unless you buy a whole cart and use it for parts. driven clutches are available. it would be nice to have some pictures of this i've never heard of somthing like this, even with all the g2/g9's with bb's or streetbike motors in them!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
jmz
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If it is just the threads broke off they can be welded back. If it is further down the shaft I would replace it. I think the shaft is a little more than a 100 dollars. The first time I tried it , the bolt broke at the threads. The next time I got a grade 8 , 1/2 " fine thread shoudler bolt and it has been holding ever since.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart 025.jpg (87.7 KB, 23 views)
jmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thats what happened i think cause he had to get another bolt or put the same bolt back on as if it came off. Ill get some pics of it
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I've seen that before, and changinf the shaft is not too bad, but you need to witness it pretty close as there are some washer that can come loose. I think cost is closer to 185.00
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha