lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
huntingcart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Electrical Help!!! Lights!

I need some help wiring up some small 55 watt lights in the rear to my 2006 DS IQ CC. I have a 2 prong switch but the lights came with a 3 prong so I can use either one- which ever is better. The instructions say to ground the lights them selves to the frame and run the ground wire from the switch to Neg. terminal. My question is, I have a voltage reducer 48 to 12 volts so do I run the ground from the switch and lights them selves to the ground accessory bar that the reducer is hooked to or do I just hook the ground from the switch to the ground bar and ground the lights to the frame and hook the positive to Batt. # 5?
huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #2
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Default Re: Electrical Help!!! Lights!

Run isolated wiring, do not run any voltage through your frame if you can help it. I've seen cars fried because of this.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #3
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Electrical Help!!! Lights!

Don't do anything with your frame the only thing your need to do is take the negative in to the positive out the # 1 and 6 batt to get 48 volts. For the other question the three wires is one is a ground the other is your running light, and the last is your brake light if you ever want to hook one up.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car