lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #31
daveswaves
Getting Wild

Default Re: 86 G1 complete rebuild, frame off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
You could wrap that whole pipe if you need to. It should really run with the pipe, though G1 clutch might engage too low rpm may have to adjust that. But you will get full power most people don't do the pipe and lose it.
I agree, I can re bend the front section of the pipe without changing the tuning of the pipe. I will have to see about the clutch set up vs power curve. The secondary is torque driven so no problem there. Time and good weather will see.
daveswaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #32
daveswaves
Getting Wild

Default Re: 86 G1 carb swap

Picked up my Walbro carb today from a buddy. It is a walbro pressure carb that used to feed a Kohler 340 engine in a John Deere sled. The same carb feeds a 292 single in a mid 70,s John Deere sled as well.
It will be feeding my Yamaha 250 exciter engine (sled) in my G1 cart. If you are not familiar with these carbs, they work equally well upside down, sideways or right side up! There is no fuel bowl, the fuel is direct injected with the low speed circuit behind the butterfly and the high speed circuit in front. There is no emulsion tube. Both jets are controlled by needles that are adjustable, no fiddling with jets. Full choke set up and integral fuel pump.
Carb features a vapor return line to the fuel tank, any excess fuel that is not required for operation is returned to the tank. No flooding.
I will be adding the oil injection circuit directly into this carb and the oil will be injected into the intake manifold. No oil will be returned to the fuel tank.

Pics to follow.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #33
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I remember those they had no float on the bottom just gaskets. Screws on a carb to adjust, who ever thought of that! Imagine adjusting the mixture with a screw, missing all the fun of taking the bowl off and jet out. Should be a nice setup, it will have to be leaner than sled jetting anyway.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #34
daveswaves
Getting Wild

Heres what the carb looks like, assembled and apart. Each chamber is separated by a gasket/diaphragm some with springs behind them. Carb needs a good cleaning but amazingly enough all the gaskets came apart. I will replace them all eventually but these are good enough to get the engine running in the driveway anyway. New gasket/rebuild kit....12 bucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0941.jpg (120.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0939.jpg (129.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0938.jpg (139.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0937.jpg (122.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha