lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
randyrw
Not Yet Wild

Default keeps running

I need a little help figuring this problem out. When the motor is warmed up and I drive for a good distance about a mile and then I stop and let off the gas pedal the cart keeps running like it is pre ignition. Like what a car does with bad gas. I have ran differant fuel and it still does this but not everytime. Is there any timing advance that I have to adjust.

Oh sorry I forgot to tell the year. Its a1993 ds
randyrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: keeps running

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrw View Post
I need a little help figuring this problem out. When the motor is warmed up and I drive for a good distance about a mile and then I stop and let off the gas pedal the cart keeps running like it is pre ignition. Like what a car does with bad gas. I have ran differant fuel and it still does this but not everytime. Is there any timing advance that I have to adjust.

Oh sorry I forgot to tell the year. Its a1993 ds
No timing adjustment Randy. It's fixed. Sounds like you may have carbon deposits on the cylinder head, valves or the piston crown. These create hot spots which will fire the engine for a few seconds after you shut down. Try running some seafoam through the gas tank as a first attempt, if that fails pull the head and do a manual cleanup. It isn't that hard to do.

FC
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default throttle cable

Check to be sure that your throttle cable is properly adjusted and allowing your throttle to close completely when the pedal is released.

I had the same issue and was figuring it was carbon, as Fastercarter, mentioned above. Then I noticed that as the cart was dieseling (continuing to sputter and run, even moving backwards at times, after the pedal was released) if I tapped the gas it would stop. That reminded me that a few days prior, right about when the issue started, I had made a minor adjustment to my throttle cable where it comes out of the black box. I readjusted the cable and the problem stopped immediately.

It's hard to see into the throat of the carb with the motor in the cart but give it a shot. If it looks like the throttle is not closing all the way then adjust your cable a bit. Here is a very (very) crude drawing of what you'll be looking at. Take a measurement first (measure where I have it showing as 1/2 inch) so you have an easy point to return to if you can't get it straightened out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throttle cable.jpg (12.2 KB, 0 views)
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #4
randyrw
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: keeps running

ok thanks. I will check these this weekend when I go back to the camp.
randyrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car