lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #11
Unworthy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 94 gas CC

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Drive it like you stole it. Do you still have the axle limiter in place ?

Chris.
I assume it is. It don't seem to be running away, I can't really tell any rpm difference from what it was before.
This buggy has been on our farm since 97 and I've only changed the battery, starter, carburetor, and fuel pump. I can't complain but it's time to spend a few dollars on it. It has a home made lift (there whe we got it) but I'd like to add a few inches so I can run a little bigger tire (has 22" on it now) but I think I need a higher torque clutch. I tried a "torque spring" but it wasn't as strong as the factory spring after I stretched it a little, it's a read pain to change the spring by myself with no special tools. I'm no different that most, I want to be able to climb a tree with it and still run 45mph...
Unworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
R1D2
Getting Wild

Club Car

You want your cart to climb a tree get a winch.. :D
R1D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
Unworthy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
You want your cart to climb a tree get a winch.. :D
Got one, I'm to lazy to climb up first and hook it...
Old 08-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #14
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy View Post
Got one, I'm to lazy to climb up first and hook it...
GOOD ANSWER!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #15
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Quote:
The rev limiter is located just to left and under the the cylinder as you look back from the foot well. A mirror helps since the sadistic bastards at Kawasaki have tucked it conveniently out of view.

Chris.
the box that you see is the rev limiter

ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
Unworthy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
the box that you see is the rev limiter

Thank you. I unhooked the ground and she's running good now. Before I lost spark and unhooked the ground, it would run fine but when "wide open" it would die out the pick back up. It doesn't do that now so I assume it was the rev limiter doing its job. What is the axle limiter, what does it look like and do? How would I know if its working or not?
Old 08-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #17
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you. I unhooked the ground and she's running good now. Before I lost spark and unhooked the ground, it would run fine but when "wide open" it would die out the pick back up. It doesn't do that now so I assume it was the rev limiter doing its job. What is the axle limiter, what does it look like and do? How would I know if its working or not?
"The die and cut out" is symptomatic of a cart that's incorrectly set Unworthy. There is a balance and harmony to these things. The rear axle limiter should hold back the throttle just before the RPM limiter kicks in and causes the cart to "pull back and push forward" in a see- saw motion. Like anything, it needs to be synchronized and when it's right, all is well. When it's off sync however, you will feel the symptoms you describe above. The next question is yours and yours alone to answer since you will be removing the last vestige of Club Cars valiant effort to avoid self destruction of the motor, to whit; the axle limiter. If your children, grand children or other unreputable sorts use the cart I would recommend you avoid this step but if you must, this is how to proceed. Remove the two securing screws from the re rear cover (behind the seat) and on the passenger side at the rear axle you will see two springs. These are the governor springs. Slide a small zip tie through the innermost parts of the above and pull the springs together. You now have a fully unrestricted cart but beware !!! These motors whilst well built and very strong will grenade if you push them to hard for to long. Caveat Emptor.

Chris.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #18
Unworthy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
"The die and cut out" is symptomatic of a cart that's incorrectly set Unworthy. There is a balance and harmony to these things. The rear axle limiter should hold back the throttle just before the RPM limiter kicks in and causes the cart to "pull back and push forward" in a see- saw motion. Like anything, it needs to be synchronized and when it's right, all is well. When it's off sync however, you will feel the symptoms you describe above. The next question is yours and yours alone to answer since you will be removing the last vestige of Club Cars valiant effort to avoid self destruction of the motor, to whit; the axle limiter. If your children, grand children or other unreputable sorts use the cart I would recommend you avoid this step but if you must, this is how to proceed. Remove the two securing screws from the re rear cover (behind the seat) and on the passenger side at the rear axle you will see two springs. These are the governor springs. Slide a small zip tie through the innermost parts of the above and pull the springs together. You now have a fully unrestricted cart but beware !!! These motors whilst well built and very strong will grenade if you push them to hard for to long. Caveat Emptor.

Chris.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-club-car.html
Thank you Chris. I think you misunderstood what I'm asking, I don't want to bypass the axle limiter, I just want to make sure it is connected and working properly. My buggy is old and hasn't had a lot done to her other than having been used and I mean used hard.
My buggy was bought by my uncle for my grandfather, when granddaddy died my uncle regained posession and he abused it for around 6 years then I bought it from him in 2006 and have been riding it ever since. The last thing I want to do is harm to it.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Thank you Chris. I think you misunderstood what I'm asking, I don't want to bypass the axle limiter, I just want to make sure it is connected and working properly. My buggy is old and hasn't had a lot done to her other than having been used and I mean used hard.
My buggy was bought by my uncle for my grandfather, when granddaddy died my uncle regained posession and he abused it for around 6 years then I bought it from him in 2006 and have been riding it ever since. The last thing I want to do is harm to it.
Then ignore the above post my friend. The axle limiter is far more friendly to smooth riding than the RPM limiter since it will will just restrict the flow of air / fuel to the motor as opposed to cutting out the spark. CC imposed a double level of safety to their engines. And we can't blame them for that after all.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car