lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 Club car Help

I don't really know. Is the connector identical to original or is it connected with an inline adaptor? If original the manual should help. Do you still have two solenoids and resistor coil? If so it hasn't been modified too much.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
Jefd
Not Yet Wild

Ok that controller sucks!, ok. I get it but what happens if I get an alltrax DCX300 or 400 amp w/hd sol and 4 ga cables will I be good to go then?or is there more?? Harness/throttle/? thanks
Jefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #13
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm not trashing your controller at all - heck, its newer than mine! And although I may be in a very small (maybe tiny) minority - my Regen 1 cart has proven to be a nice & reliable machine for my use....golf - and I would fix it if it broke. If your planning on modifying that cart for hill climbing or off road, or high speed with big tires - then it is definitely the wrong machine for that.

I'm afraid I just don't know anything about it - or what might have been modified when it was installed. Did you compare the circuit diagram from the manual I PM'd to you? Did you perform any of the troubleshooting steps in section 21A of the manual?

Did you find out if the all the original parts are still in the cart? You don't really know your controller sucks or not at this point - it could just as easily be the OBC circuit disabling it - so buying a replacement controller without at least some testing could be very frustrating (and expensive) for you.

Standard controllers (like DCX series) are NOT compatible - that I do know. If your controller has failed - you would need to buy something Regen 1 compatible like THIS

In fact - that might be the controller you've got. I think all Regen 1 controllers available now, use an adapter cable - did you check to see if you have one? If not - the manual will be EVEN MORE helpful.

Turning it from a Regen 1 into something else is well beyond my pay grade - I'm not that knowledgeable or capable. If you were to try, I suspect it would cost way more than whatever you would pay to replace the cart with something else.

If your keeping it - then its time to roll up your sleeves, open the manual and check things out as best you can.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #14
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

In case it helps - a few years ago when my controller failed - I performed the tests from the manual and determined that it was the controller. I was on a different forum (this forum is much better but I didn't know about it back then). If you google "Probably speed controller (sigh)?" you'll find that thread. I did way-more-tests than truly necessary, but wanted to be sure it wasn't something else before replacing the controller.

You did say your solenoid clicks when you turn on the key (mine didn't when the controller failed) - so it is worth ruling out other causes first.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:02 AM   #15
Jefd
Not Yet Wild

I know you were bashing my controller, I was ! thank you for all the help you have giving me so far . If it was my 97 series cart no problem ,but this one is a ******* cart, as far as I see it has not been screwed around with in any was ,in fact it came right from club car back in 2000! Monday I guess I will make some calls and figure out what to do I'm surprised alltrax has no controller for it ? Oh we'll...?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #16
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Jefd, what is the serial number? Also, what color is the battery light on the dash? Amber or red?
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #17
Jefd
Not Yet Wild

serial # is 9635

amber color
Old 09-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #18
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

It sounds like a 1996 Club Car DS 48v Regen 2
Old 09-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #19
Jefd
Not Yet Wild

According to the Manuel. It's a regent w no extra solenoid or dynamic braking just end controller
Old 09-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #20
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

I have seen a cart like this before. It was a 97
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car