lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2019, 07:08 AM   #1
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Default Ds alltrax install

Just got my alltrax and solenoid. Where did you guys mount them. Show some pics. Waiting on motor and mcor 4 conversion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2019, 04:05 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ds alltrax install

Hopefully this gives you an idea or two. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of it after I finished everything. These are during mockup and trouble shooting, but not much changed.

mockup2 - Copy.jpg

mockup3 - Copy.jpg

mockup4 - Copy.jpg

This location gives pretty good access through the rear body access panel if you don't have a rear seat, or anything above that area. If you do have a rear seat, or something else above that area, you may want to consider placing them some where else for ease of access.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:31 AM   #3
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Thank.you. i do have a rear seat. What year is your cart. I cant fit the 14 pack under front seat. The fran is in the way.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

My cart is a 92, but it was/is a gas frame. The frame rails on a gas cart are a little farther apart than on an electric frame. I made a battery cage that allowed me to place the battery pack in between the frame rails and down a little. That gave me both a little better center of gravity as well as allowed space for all the hardware on top.

I'll look through my pictures and see if I have some that show the clearance between the frame rails. There wasn't much...

Over the winter I plan to pull it all apart and redo a few things to make better use of space so I can add a 12v accessory battery for a winch and storage area for tools and hunting supplies.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:24 PM   #5
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Starting making my wires and moving things around. So far harness moved, solenoid installed and 90% wired up. Ran short 1 length lol(used what i had left over from conversion) everything is now 2awg wire. Too cold right now 32* for me to wanna completely play with. Once motor and mcor4 comes in i will button everything up. Happy with location. Big thanks to nolefan4ever for chatting with me through a few things.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:50 PM   #6
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Glad you're up and running. You're going to want to get some anti chafing stuff of some sort on the bare aluminum edges where the cables pass through. Might get exciting real fast if it wears through the insulation.

MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:38 PM   #7
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Glad you're up and running. You're going to want to get some anti chafing stuff of some sort on the bare aluminum edges where the cables pass through. Might get exciting real fast if it wears through the insulation.

I plan on getting tubing or rounding over the edges. Sucks being 30* now so limited to what i feel like doing outside. Little by little.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:23 AM   #8
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm not seeing a suppression diode on the small terminals of your solenoid. Here is a "Sticky" that explains the diodes:http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html
Old 11-15-2019, 06:25 AM   #9
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I'm not seeing a suppression diode on the small terminals of your solenoid. Here is a "Sticky" that explains the diodes:http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html
I have the diode. Didnt get to install it because i have to make it longer and put terminals on it. Thanks for pointing it out so others know not to forget it.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #10
cmysstailights
Gone Wild

Well motor came today. All my wires are done. Just have to put motor in, hook up lithium pack and test the cart next is order tires and rims and wait for body to come back.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium