lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2022, 06:42 AM   #141
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Dave, you could add a third BB Eagle for 240A continuous and 540A 6 second peak.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2022, 06:44 AM   #142
demarcor
Getting Wild
Club Car

I can only speak to the real world application of my eagles in a FULLY STOCK cart, just low profile rubber and a speed magnet. No lift, no huge tires, no upgraded motor or controller. My wife, myself, and my third and sixth grade boys on the back… up a driveway that is difficult to even walk up, full pedal for at least 45 seconds to one minute, probably 5mph flat out. Does not trip the cells.
As I said, it is to the point where I drove around for an hour and a half the other day, enough range to know I need a more comfortable seat! I don’t know if it is just mine, or if early precedent seats were all like a rock?
demarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 09:20 AM   #143
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by demarcor View Post
I can only speak to the real world application of my eagles in a FULLY STOCK cart, just low profile rubber and a speed magnet. No lift, no huge tires, no upgraded motor or controller. My wife, myself, and my third and sixth grade boys on the back… up a driveway that is difficult to even walk up, full pedal for at least 45 seconds to one minute, probably 5mph flat out. Does not trip the cells.
As I said, it is to the point where I drove around for an hour and a half the other day, enough range to know I need a more comfortable seat! I don’t know if it is just mine, or if early precedent seats were all like a rock?
The seats are pretty firm on all of them. I added some cheap seat covers which helped a lot. I never liked sweating on vinyl seats.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:07 AM   #144
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Tom thought I’d update. Took a ride today with the enclosure on, high 50’s temp. Didn’t really “need” the enclosure as it’s pretty nice but it was already on from Halloween and didn’t feel like removing it.

Lost a little range with the enclosure but not as much as I had expected. Turned 8.3 miles out of 20% charge. Top speed 26mph average speed 16mph when you count stops and stuff. Most the time we were cruising around 20mph.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #145
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Tom thought I’d update. Took a ride today with the enclosure on, high 50’s temp. Didn’t really “need” the enclosure as it’s pretty nice but it was already on from Halloween and didn’t feel like removing it.

Lost a little range with the enclosure but not as much as I had expected. Turned 8.3 miles out of 20% charge. Top speed 26mph average speed 16mph when you count stops and stuff. Most the time we were cruising around 20mph.
Your enclosure and cooler weather hasn't affected your range much. You were at 10 miles per 20% and now at 8.3 miles per 20%. You still are in the 35 mile range down to a 20% minimum.

It will be interesting to see what you get when it is much colder.

Btw, I heard from Alltrax about speed vs. economy. They said the setup I have should use less Ah per mile at 25 MPH than it does at 15 MPH. This seems strange to me but it has to do with efficiency. The motor and controller generate less heat at top speed and the current use will drop off at max rpm.

As a test, I plan to do a 5 mile run flat-out at 25 MPH and another the same day at 15 MPH and compare the usage. I'll post the results when I do that.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:34 PM   #146
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I understand the theory behind that but it just doesn’t click with me. Ive watched my meter while driving the cart. At 25mph it holds pretty steady consuming 60-70 amps. At 20mph it runs about 20 amps less (40-50 amps). Unless they’re factoring speed into traveling further and the delta that results from that leans in favor of full speed? Too much math for me, but I may be bored enough in a couple hours at work to try. Or not

While I understand the controller and motor may be more efficient at full speed, I don’t see how the battery pack would care what the controller or motor are doing. All it cares about is outgoing current.

It’ll be interesting to see what your results are.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:57 PM   #147
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I understand the theory behind that but it just doesn’t click with me. Ive watched my meter while driving the cart. At 25mph it holds pretty steady consuming 60-70 amps. At 20mph it runs about 20 amps less (40-50 amps). Unless they’re factoring speed into traveling further and the delta that results from that leans in favor of full speed? Too much math for me, but I may be bored enough in a couple hours at work to try. Or not

While I understand the controller and motor may be more efficient at full speed, I don’t see how the battery pack would care what the controller or motor are doing. All it cares about is outgoing current.

It’ll be interesting to see what your results are.
FYI: Here is the response I got from Alltrax:
Attached Images
File Type: png Alltrax Motor Controller Info.PNG (46.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-02-2022, 07:41 PM   #148
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yeah I think they’re wrong. I can watch my amperage draw on my meter and it’s noticeably less at 20mph than it is at 25mph. Not higher as stated in their response.

If I cruise at 14mph (ish) I’m only drawing 20-30 amps from the pack.

Obviously when coming to a hill or accelerating or whatever, that increases. But how they are explaining the way they say it “should” behave and the amperage readings I “actually” see through my shunt while I actually drive are quite the opposite tales
Old 11-02-2022, 07:50 PM   #149
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Amperage will be much less at lower steady state speeds! At speed, your motor is fighting drag, both from air resistance and wheel resistance. Both of those go up very quickly at higher speeds.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:18 PM   #150
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Amperage will be much less at lower steady state speeds! At speed, your motor is fighting drag, both from air resistance and wheel resistance. Both of those go up very quickly at higher speeds.
Exactly my point I maintain that alltrax is wrong.

Just because information comes from a company and stated as factual, doesn’t necessarily mean it is correct information. I trust what I see with my own eyes over what “tech support” says. For all we know Mr (or ms) tech support is a 19 year old kid that just quit their pizza delivery job and came to alltrax to answer emails
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car