lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
Dahawkac
Not Yet Wild

Default 2022 Club Car Onward Lead to Lithium Conversion

I just purchased a 2022 Club Car 6 seater with trojan batteries. My question is what is the best drop in lithium battery for this setup. Is there any other modifications that will need to be done? I don't see where there is currently a 48-12v converter for my accessories but assume there must be one. Does club car have the converter already installed? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, the range on the 6 seater with lead just sucks.
Dahawkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 2022 Club Car Onward Lead to Lithium Conversion

It’ll cost you a penny or two but you BBC an get 6 48v allied drop in batteries and it’s almost a direct swap installation-wise. That would give you a 180aH pack
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2022 Club Car Onward Lead to Lithium Conversion

If it were me, Id instead purchase a Navitas or Silver Wolf AC conversion while your running on brand new lead acids. That will gain you range efficiency of about 30%-50% and buy you about 4-5 more years of battery use while lithium prices continue to drop rapidly. (Ie: my lithium cells I bought in July has already dropped over $200).

You’ll also pick up more top speed and tq. If you don’t care about more top speed you can easily adjust that down via the app to match the speed your running now and gain even further range.

You’ll also get more for your nearly brand new stock motor and controller on the used market right now.

Just my .02 - would love to hear others thoughts.

…as far as the 12v reducer, if you’ve already got working lights and you don’t see a separate smaller wire across two of the batteries then there must be a reducer somewhere already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:57 AM   #4
Hottdoggin
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
If it were me, Id instead purchase a Navitas or Silver Wolf AC conversion while your running on brand new lead acids. That will gain you range efficiency of about 30%-50% and buy you about 4-5 more years of battery use while lithium prices continue to drop rapidly. (Ie: my lithium cells I bought in July has already dropped over $200).

You’ll also pick up more top speed and tq. If you don’t care about more top speed you can easily adjust that down via the app to match the speed your running now and gain even further range.

You’ll also get more for your nearly brand new stock motor and controller on the used market right now.

Just my .02 - would love to hear others thoughts.

…as far as the 12v reducer, if you’ve already got working lights and you don’t see a separate smaller wire across two of the batteries then there must be a reducer somewhere already installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed 100%
I get insanely increased efficiency with my silverwolf teekon setup
Hottdoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #5
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

With the Navitas you can run with your existing lead acid batteries, but have the built in capability to go to 72V when you switch to lithium later. (Even faster with more range)
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car