lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
CutlerBayWolfMan
Not Yet Wild

Default What kingping do i need??

I have a 2000 EZ-GO Txt Serie cart with a 5-6" suspension lift. In the front my spindles are the Workhorse ST3350 Spindles. Something seems off because my tires are being eaten on the inside. I think the problem has to be the kingpin, bushing, bolt etc... and even perhaps the bearings in the front.

What replacement kingping and all other parts do i need to replace all this? Dont seem to find any answers.
CutlerBayWolfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2023, 01:06 PM   #2
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What kingping do i need??

Jack cart up and see how much play, pull in and out. A little up and down is okay. Then check your alignment. To much toe out sounds like your problem. Shoot for 1/8 toe in.
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 10:09 PM   #3
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Too much toe out ( front of tires pointing away from each other) when properly aligned front of each tire should be pointing in together. By 1/8”

If measuring distance distance between two front tires distance between them should be 1/8” less then distance between rear of back tires. This would be toe in adjustment.

Now if front wheels lean in or our meaning top of tires lean in compared to bottom of tires. This would mean “ camber “is out.
Worn spindles ,spindle bolts( kingpins) spindle bushings/ king pin bushing are worn.
Spindle bolts and bushings can be replaced or replace spindle arm assembly.

As mentioned. Jack front wheels off the ground. Wiggle tires up and down.
Movement felt. Worn king pin bushings.loose wheel bearings ,ect.
Play front to back, tie rod wear most likely cause.

I did a write up on how to replace king pin bushing awhile back. You will need to drive old bushings out then press new bushing in alongwith new kingpins”bolts” to correct problem.
Adding a lift kit will make problem more noticeable the problem

Search may help. Believe I did a step by step on how to replace bushings.

Either tires are toed out or leaning in. Either cause Inside tire wear.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:24 PM   #4
CutlerBayWolfMan
Not Yet Wild

I decided to buy everything but the spindles. Got new Bronze Bearings that i have to remove old and replace before putting in new bushing. Also got new bolts/kingpins. New thrust washers and thinking of also replacing bearings while i have it all disassembled.

I will also check alignment to make sure its not off. Tie rods are new.

Will update here once done but had one question.

How do you remove the bronze bearing and replace the new one without damaging it?

Any help will be amazing.

Joe
CutlerBayWolfMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO