lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
KaiserG13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Wiring a 8 Wire Turn Signal w/ Horn

Hey,

I have a 2004 EZGO PDS that I have started to add some upgrades to. I purchased the factory EZGO Freedom Light Kit and have installed it on the cart along with a unique key and state of charge meter and everything works great. Now I am trying to install my turn signal which I think I need some help on before I screw something up. I put a picture of it below. It has 8 wires: Black, Red, Green, Grey, Grey with black stripe, White, Yellow, and another White. It also has the horn button on the end of it. Like I said, I have a factory EZGO wiring harness and the turn signal section of it has a 5 pin connector with White, Brown, Green, Red, and Yellow going into it and Red and Black wires that are separate from the 5 pin connector and both have male connections. My Horn is already installed and connected to the wiring harness. The harness has a Yellow and Black wire that is supposed to connect to the horn button. I also have a flasher with a holder that has X, P, and L connections. The turn signal came with bare wires so I am going to try to find a 5 pin connector to use so I can keep my harness factory. I just need some help figuring out which wires need to go into the 5 pin connector to connect to the factory harness and how to connect the rest of the wires together along with the horn!!! I figured I would turn here first to see if anyone has any ideas. Don't know if this matters but I am also going to hookup the brake lights with Andy's idea with the chevy brake lever, just waiting for it to come in. I put some pictures below and a diagram of the wires if that helps. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

KaiserG13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
KaiserG13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring a 8 Wire Turn Signal w/ Horn

Here are a few more pictures. Here is a link to the company the turn signal came from if anyone else is interested in them. They make a bunch of different kinds. I did not order directly from them so they may just sell to dealers etc...

This is their catalog: http://www.vehiclesafetymfg.com/sale...catalog_05.pdf

Old 07-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Here is what I think it is. The wires you have showing with the 5 pin connector go to the lights and the white is ground. Per this drawingHope it helps it sure did me when I did one last week.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
KaiserG13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the diagram Andy!

I have to assume that the wires coming from the harness into the 5 pin connector are as follows, what do you think???

White = Ground
Yellow = Left Front Turn Signal
Green = Right Front Turn Signal
Red = Left Rear Turn Signal
Brown = Right Rear Turn Signal

I have all the corresponding wire colors coming from the turn signal except Brown... Does anyone know which one I should connect there? The options are Grey, Grey with black stripe, and White. I figure one of these has to connect to the horn.

I think the red male connector from the harness will go to the X on the flasher, then the Black wire from the turn signal will go to the L on the flasher. Just need to figure out the what connects to the P on the flasher???
I uploaded a diagram of all the wires etc... Is there any reason that anything would connect to the brake light wires?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:29 AM   #5
KaiserG13
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I have it figured out now after finding some diagrams. The wires from the harness into the 5 pin connector are as follows...
Red = Left Front Turn
Green = Right Front Turn
White = Left Rear Turn
Yellow = Right Rear Turn
Brown = ?

Other wires from harness:
Red(12V) = X on Flasher
Black(Grd) = ?

The wires from the turn signal are:
Green = Left Front Turn
Red = Right Front Turn
Grey = Left Rear Turn
Black = Right Rear Turn
White#1 = Horn
White#2 = Horn
Yellow = Load on Flasher
Grey w/ Black Stripe = Brake Switch

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_akEXo6yjISQ/Sn...nalWiring2.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_akEXo6yjISQ/Sn...edomWiring.jpg

Tags
8 wire, turn signal with horn, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO