lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
lakegastonheel
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Emerge intermittent won't do anything.

We have a 2007 E-Merge. Recently, the car would not move at all in either forward or reverse. We checked all batts, water, connections for corrosion, etc. It then started working again despite not finding anything wrong. Then the problem reappeared and now the car won't do anything at all. Here were the symptoms....

At first, you'd turn on the ignition switch, put it in forward or reverse, then nothing. However, turning the ignition off then on again would "reset" the problem and the car would work perfectly as long as the ignition wasn't switched off.

The problem became more common quickly and you'd have to "reset" the ignition multiple times to finally get the car to go. As always, once it actually worked, it would work perfectly so long as you didn't turn the ignition off.

Now, it won't do anything at all. We've checked the switch itself with a multimeter for continuity in the on and off positions and it seems to be working as intended. The voltages are good on the bats and they are all full of water.

It seemed to be to be something like a solenoid but I'm just not familiar with working on something like this. Could it be a control box? I've seen that term used around here but don't know exactly what you're referring to. Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

I'm mechanically inclined and not afraid of the work, but have never worked on an electric vehicle. Thanks in advance!
lakegastonheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Torey G
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: 2007 Emerge intermittent won't do anything.

Have you looked into the Throttle assembly. Mine did the same and I had to keep lifting the seat and switching on and off the TOW/RUN switch. I found the throttle parts were bad. If any water or a drink spills into the floor board into the throttle area. It can short out your Throttle assembly parts.
Torey G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #3
gyoung4@ec.rr.com
Not Yet Wild

My 2007 Emerge 4 did exactly the same thing. One of my battery post was bad. Replaced battery every thing is back to normal. Check all battery connections...
gyoung4@ec.rr.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
woody1351
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

i had a similar problem with my 2010 and it happened after 11 miles. i called the dealer and came and picked it up corrected the problem and have put 300+ miles on it since w/o a problem.
woody1351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
baddmann
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torey G View Post
Have you looked into the Throttle assembly. Mine did the same and I had to keep lifting the seat and switching on and off the TOW/RUN switch. I found the throttle parts were bad. If any water or a drink spills into the floor board into the throttle area. It can short out your Throttle assembly parts.
Mine had the same problem and I changed out 2 parts in the throttle assembly.

Under the cart, you remove 4 bolts and the pedal assembly will slide down. There is a black box in the assembly. Remove the 4 screws and then replace the circuit board and the throttle position sensor.

Working like a champ now...
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:20 AM   #6
rick jackson
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem with my 2010 e-merge. Went to use it and everything is normal except in won't move forward or reverse. First time I have had any problem. Batteries are good and ignition seems fine. Forward reverse switch tests ok. Emergency brake switch tests ok. Can't find any blown fuses. It was working great when parked and always kept on charger. I notice the back-up horn does not work when switched to reverse. Any ideas?
rick jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #7
Jimmystores0n
Not Yet Wild

I hav ethe same problem on my 2010 tomberlin emerge it wont move forward and reverse power is ok no blow fuses, just replace the halleffec sensor and I just notice the controller is a GE and no indicator lights and I dont know what else to do , any suggestions
Jimmystores0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
Jonb
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Ok I will tell you my experience. After 100's of hours researching the same problem on my cart I had come across what I feel is the solution to so many of the throttle issues. On the internet I found a mechanic which said there is a difference between hall effect and ITS sensor...... They are wired the opposite of each other. So when you take the cover off the pedal assembly the 3 wire plug should be red,black,blue in that order. I reversed the plug and plugged the pedal back into the harness and it appeared to solve the no movement problem. If that works for you, you will need to reverse the f1 and f2 cables on the motor. Please let me know if this works for you
Jonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #9
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin