lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #1
walperez
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Emerge E4 overheat

Hi - I am new to the forum, but own both an 2007 E4 and an E2 Tomberlin as well as a bunch of EZGO's and Club Car's. I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable on cart building and maintenance - but this has me stumped!

The issue I am having that is on the E4 - when I drive it for a long distance in the heat - the engine shuts off. Waiting for about 10 minutes - I am able to turn it back on and continue driving. This E4 has brand new Trojan batteries - and the meter reads that there is plenty of juice when this occurs. It appears that the controller is overheating and shutting down the vehicle. There is nothing that is dragging or causing the controller to thermally heat (normal usage, no lift kit and big tires, normal weight riders) - so I am hesitant to think it is just the controller - but I suppose it could be defective?

Two questions - there are no Tomberlin dealers around me and I have sent emails to Tomberlin - but is there a tech support line I can call? Second, can anybody suggest a website that sells Tomberlin parts - like the controller or the fan for the controller?

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance!
walperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
Carryone
Getting Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Emerge E4 overheat

hi

if you have data port on your car,just use computer and monitoring temp and more
you can look on rmeyer32 site,they have cable for that

and picture to find your data port
Carryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #3
walperez
Not Yet Wild

do you have a link to that site?
Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Carryone
Getting Wild

hi

you can read more here,also link there

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/tombe...-speed-up.html
Carryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
walperez
Not Yet Wild

Update - I purchased the software from Robert Meyers @ paonline. With the help of Robert - was able to connect and read the fault codes from my GE controller. It is throwing Thermal Protection and Armature Resistor faults. GE states the solution is to replace the defective controller. Robert pointed me to the manufacturing group that bought out this division of GE - called Flight Systems (FSIP). I called them and they will be shipping me out a reman contoller. They are very helpful as well.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:12 PM   #6
dieseldan420
Not Yet Wild

Mark White

Tomberlin Group

Technical Support

Office 706-722-7129 ext. 102
dieseldan420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #7
walperez
Not Yet Wild

I just had some further conversations with Tomberlin after my new REMAN'ed controller is now overheating as well. Apparently Tomberlin issued a new part for 2007 and beyond that bolts onto the rear of the controller mounting plate that contains a fan unit. This controls the overheat. I am ordering mine today!

Tags
overheating, power, tomberlin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin