lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #121
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48-Volt Battery Maintainer

I can tell you this, the batteries are slightly higher pack voltage. I have 4 12s also, I have about 2 years and it seems to run a little longer than before. Now this is just my opinion no facts or undisputed testing. I leave it at the camp, very hilly gravel roads, may sit three weeks, so I use the regular charger first then the maintainer after charged and leave it on while gone.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #122
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Sounds good and I also plan on using it in addition to my OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #123
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Scooterman--I bought my cart in June and have had the Save-A-Battery unit on it ever since. I got to thinking yesterday that I didn't really know how the pack was doing because the little charger was always on. I unplugged the unit yesterday afternoon. This morning I checked the pack voltage on my DVM and it was 51.5 volts. Since 100% SOC is 50.93, I was pretty jazzed. Looks like the little charger is doing a good job despite what the "naysayers" have to say about it.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #124
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olman View Post
Scooterman--I bought my cart in June and have had the Save-A-Battery unit on it ever since. I got to thinking yesterday that I didn't really know how the pack was doing because the little charger was always on. I unplugged the unit yesterday afternoon. This morning I checked the pack voltage on my DVM and it was 51.5 volts. Since 100% SOC is 50.93, I was pretty jazzed. Looks like the little charger is doing a good job despite what the "naysayers" have to say about it.
That is good news, I find mine to be about the same also. I took it off and tested 12 hours later.

I'm a believer!
Old 12-22-2014, 10:44 PM   #125
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #126
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question Re: 48-Volt Battery Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I can tell you this, the batteries are slightly higher pack voltage. I have 4 12s also, I have about 2 years and it seems to run a little longer than before. Now this is just my opinion no facts or undisputed testing. I leave it at the camp, very hilly gravel roads, may sit three weeks, so I use the regular charger first then the maintainer after charged and leave it on while gone.
quick question scooterman!! when you say you charge first with "reg charger" what is this charger? and what amount of batteries does it charge? or is it a conventional "club car charger" any help??? bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #127
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
quick question scooterman!! when you say you charge first with "reg charger" what is this charger? and what amount of batteries does it charge? or is it a conventional "club car charger" any help??? bob s
Yes the Powerdrive III charger & it charges all of the pack at once. The only reason why I use the maintainer is rather than let the batteries sit a long time before the powerdrive charges every two weeks, the maintainer electronically keeps the batteries topped off, I feel this helps ever so slightly but IMO worth it, I don't think it can do any harm. The use of this can be arguable, this cart sits up for weeks at a time, if I had it at home and used it daily then I wouldn't bother.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:10 PM   #128
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

thanks scooterman i have Aclub car charger, you sound right to me, in your procedure .guess i'll foow you down the same path take care bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #129
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

So let me ask (I didn't read all 128 posts) can I, when leaving the lease, leave my Club Car's main charger and the pulse charger plugged in at the same time or do I fully charge with the main charger then plug in the maintenance charger? The reason being you don't always have time to fully charge then change over so it may be better just to let the main charger cycle.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #130
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can just plug the small charger in and leave it. If you are leaving camp you really don't have to use your big charger first. To be honest with you, I use the Save-A-Battery as my charger. I have an OEM charger, but use it only if I know I will make back to back runs before the small charger will have time to fully charge the pack. Understand, I know nothing about the characteristics of any other maintainer other than the Save-A-Battery unit.
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car