lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Default Re: Sumptin wong!

Small wires

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #12
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
What is the controller LED blink code when the solenoid clicks? Push the gas just enough to hear the solenoid click while somebody views the controller LED>
It appears the green light blinks 7 times quickly, pause, then come back on constant green. I put a 50# feed bag in front of pedal, then went to rear of car and pushed the bag over with a board
Old 12-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #13
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Controller

Old 12-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #14
BigOL3
Gone Wild

More FNR

Old 12-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The first thing You need to do it correct the cable staking order on the Controller B- terminal.

The large cable lug needs to be in direct contact with the metal tab on the Controller.

The other wire terminals go on top of the large cable.

You need to keep downward pressure on the terminal bolt when you tighten it to make sure the nut stays captive in the Controller body recess.

Double check the other Controller terminals as well as it appear the lugs are not tight.

On the Controller B+ terminal, place the cable from the motor/fnr first, then the one from the Solenoid on top.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:28 PM   #16
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The first thing You need to do it correct the cable staking order on the Controller B- terminal.I guess B- is the one on bottom

The large cable lug needs to be in direct contact with the metal tab on the Controller.OK, next to metal tab, not bolt!

The other wire terminals go on top of the large cable.small wires next to bolt head, ok

You need to keep downward pressure on the terminal bolt when you tighten it to make sure the nut stays captive in the Controller body recess.yes, that was a problem, the way it is mounted

Double check the other Controller terminals as well as it appear the lugs are not tight.I think they are, but will double check

On the Controller B+ terminal, place the cable from the motor/fnr first, then the one from the Solenoid on top.
I will check all that, but that is the way it was when I tested it and it moved forward/backwards BEFORE installing new FNR w/cables.

Is not there some type of way to check with the meter to find the problem?
Old 12-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You should make those connections changes before you end up damaging/melting the controller terminals due to improper wiring.

If You can label those big cable connections on the FNR, it would be easy to tell you if they are right.

Just need to know the 4 large cables: S1, S2, M-, A2(A1).

The 2 cables on the swivel posts of the FNR need to go to Motor S1 and S2 posts.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:46 PM   #18
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Not familiar with S1 S2, etc

Hope my numbering system will still make it understandable. I numbered old fnr 1-4 for cable attachment, and where the ends attached to motor and controller, with pics. Looking down toward the motor from rear of car thru inspection door. #1 and 2 are on top of motor, 3 is on bottom left of controller, 4 is on bottom right of motor.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:51 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Clean the motor off so you can read the S1 S2 markings and indicate which cable on the F&R connects to each one using the same motor markings S1 A1 etc.

P.S. a little compressed air cleaning wont hurt the controller either. Do not over spin (speed) the fan with compressed air. and maybe find a square rubber plug for the program port.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #20
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Sergio, redid the connections, I think this is what you meant. Also the solenoid cable is on top of cable coming from motor.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car