lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2021, 09:51 AM   #1
pmadams
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 Club Car no reverse. Forward Intermittent.

I'm working on an old and neglected Club Car that I suspect is a 1998 model. I say it is a 1998 because the 1998 club car wiring diagram matches the car's wiring. The cart was working properly when the the Forward/Reverse switch (F/R) melted at the S2 connection.

I installed a new F/R switch and the cart would not work. I installed a new controller then the cart would go forward (intermittently) but it would not go backward. I know the motor works properly because I swapped M- and A2 on the F/R switch and the wheels turned backward with the F/R switch in Forward. The solenoid functions properly. I visually inspected the wiring but did not find any discrepancies.

If a new computer wasn't over $300.00 I just go ahead and install one.

My questions: What is wrong with the cart? What is the "Pack Positive" and "Pack Negative" Does the reverse buzzer being broken have any bearing on my problem?

Your assistance is appreciated.
pmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #2
TigerGolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 Club Car no reverse. Forward Intermittent.

If you the the OBC is the issue, you can find some information on how to bypass it for testing purposes on this site, you just need to find the correct instructions for your cart. As for pack negative and pack positive, those are the negative and positive posts that connect to the cart. If you have a 48 volt cart and you test the Pack negative and pack positive with a multi meter, you should get around 48 volts. I say around, because it depends on how well your batteries are charged. It will read into the low 50 volt range if fully charged. The pack negative usually comes off one battery at one end of the cart, and the pack positive comes off a different battery at the other side of the cart since the batteries are all wired together. Hope this helps.. and sorry if I didn’t explain it well…this is how my brain works sometimes..
TigerGolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 04:37 PM   #3
pmadams
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 Club Car no reverse. Forward Intermittent.

actually, it was a simply wiring problem. The owner wired the switch incorrectly.
pmadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car