lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #41
Hecky50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What is Speed Code 5?

There was another post about this very item sometime ago. There is now a programmer available for carts with a PQ Bandit Motor. Just send in your programmer and $20.00 and you get the new file added. I have a SCS 5 programmer on a totally stock CC Precedent. Don't have a GPS though. Feels faster and seems to pull harder from the get go. My next item is to get a PQ bandit. 140+225+20=25mph for less than $400 not bad. Just my .02
Hecky50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2015, 01:02 PM   #42
K9 Keno
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I have the Code 5 on my 07 CC Pres. And we get 22Mph and the cart takes off super fast. We had the fastest cart in the campground. If I take the windshield off all the way lift the cart and put bigger tires on It I have no doubt I will get 26mph with Code 5. Well worth the money.
K9 Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #43
SilverPhantom
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

FWIW.... I have a 2007 CC Precedent with stock AMD motor and controller, and it has a 3" lift with 14" wheels and tires that are 21" tall. The cart also has a windshield and rear seat. Before the SC5 Programmer I was getting 14-15 mph, but after the install I am hitting 25 mph on flat ground and 27 mph down a slight hill.

The motor braking was active and slowed the cart down once I let off the accelerator; however, I took the cart to the local deal and had the "pedal up" mode set to 0 and the "fast accel" turned on (they didn't charge me anything do set that up). Once I did that, I get no motor braking and the cart accelerates quickly, runs top speed consistently, and rolls free-wheel when I let off the accelerator.

I love the way it runs. Now I just need to upgrade the brakes to be on the safe side....
SilverPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #44
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclizotte View Post
i'm installing it this weekend, i'll let you know. 2007 CC

Ok now, my wife is getting impatient.
Attached Images
File Type: png impatiently-waiting.png (128.8 KB, 0 views)
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:28 PM   #45
greg-g
Gone Wild

Thumbs up Re: What is Speed Code 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
Ok now, my wife is getting impatient.
2 years and 5 days later and were still waiting
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #46
MiamiBeacher
Not Yet Wild

Tomberlin

Just programmed my DS Limo with SC5.
Stock height, 20.5" tires, stock Curtis, Stock GE motor.

Before: 20-21mph flat ground
After: 24-25mph flat ground

Tested with my iPhone and the "Premium Speedometer" app

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MiamiBeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 05:14 AM   #47
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hello everyone, my name is Chris and I just joined the forum today. I hope everyone Is having a great holliday season!

I am a newbie to the golf cart world. My wife and I just bought some land in Mississippi and are in the process of building a house on it. I just purchased my first golf cart. Two weeks ago I bought a 2008 club car precedent. I have 4-12volt batteries (the previous owner said he just purchased the batteries this summer) the cart at the moment is fully stock (looks like it came from a golf club somewhere because it has the normal bag rack,ball/club cleaner and sand buckets. I did a GPS test and was running an avg of 14mph. I took the cart to my local club car dealer and he said I was running on code 3 and that my accelerator was at 100%. I have ordered several upgrades for the cart. 6" lift, 23" tires, complete set of 2 gauge batterie/motor cables and I have sent my motor to plum quick to get a bandit! The new bandit motor should be in by this Friday. I would like to look into the code 5 program. Where is the best place to buy one for a bandit motor? I will install the bandit and do a speed test with stock wheels and tires then I'll test once the lift is on and also test once I get the code 5 upgrade. I just wonder would I be better served buying a new controller instead of a code 5 upgrade. Thanks everyone
All suggestions are appreciated.
OleMissReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #48
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

New controller! I went the other way, and let me tell you. It is just a stepping stone. Scottyb (site sponsor) has a newer style controlled that will pull those wheels you are putting on and give you all the speed you want too.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:10 AM   #49
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, specially with 23" tires, new Alltrax XCT controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #50
OleMissReb
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you guys for the responses I'll definitely look into the new controller and skip the speed five code. Yesterday I took all four of my batteries out of my car to clean the battery compartment as well as the posts on the batteries as I was spraying water into the battery compartment I noticed that some got into the spot where my motor goes Should I worry about this? Should I clean with a paper towel all the funk that you can see in there?
OleMissReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car