lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2020, 10:03 PM   #321
Munish75
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: OBC Bypassing

Bought the Dual Pro i4818 but still don’t know how to do the bypass,of obc. Do I remove batteries and open the panel or go from back door?

Do I run black wire to -ve terminal of battery 6 along with its connection to obc or cut black wire connection to oBc and reroute to -be terminal? If so how does obc get power? It seems it does many other things. What about other wires

I have PH13...series cart
Munish75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #322
NickM
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Read all 33 pages, interesting reading but I still have a question. I have a 1996 DS Series cart with dead obc. All I did to bypass it was run a wire from the negative terminal on the charging receptacle to the negative post on battery 6. No blue/white connections nor relocate the yellow wire from the solenoid. Has been working that way for a couple of years so I’m curious if there is a reason to make the other changes.

I have been using the PD charger but decided to start this year with a Max48 charger for smart charging. So far I’ve been really happy with the charging cycles.

I removed my obc bypass wire to see if the Max48 would charge, nope, threw error lights so back to the bypass wire.

So, my question remains, blue/white shunt, relocate yellow wire or do nothing?

TIA

Nick
NickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:22 PM   #323
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Since that is a "Series" cart, there is no Blue/White wires. You do need to remove the Yellow wire that runs to the solenoid, away from the OBC, and land it to B- at the controller or you can cut the Black 10g wire from the OBC that currently runs to B- and butt connect it and the Yellow wire together. This will permanently complete the Negative circuit and without the OBC, you will no longer have the safety circuit that disables the cart while charging on the Powerdrive.

Note- If you cut the Black 10g wire that runs from the Charge Receptacle to the OBC and butt connect it, the 2nd Back 10g wire, and the Yellow wire all together, it will be fully bypassed and you can remove the jumper you have in place and clean up the battery compartment.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:24 AM   #324
Craig806
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1990 Club Car DS 36v. I just ordered myself a new set of batteries and a Lester Summit II charger. I see here that I probably need to bypass the OBC to use a smart charger like the Lester Summit II but i didn't see any instructions for an older DS like mine. Do I even have an OBC that needs to be bypassed to use the smart charger? I attached a photo of what's going on inside my cart and the charger i'm currently using. Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9987.jpg (215.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9917.jpg (209.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8761.jpg (201.3 KB, 0 views)
Craig806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #325
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The OBCs were only available on 48v carts, Yours does not have one.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:50 AM   #326
97expo
Not Yet Wild

Okay, I just read through all 33 pages and think I have it down but just want to confirm.
Bought a non running 08.5 precedent. I have an alltrax controller, Lester on board charger, and new #2 cables all being installed.
1. Wire onboard charger leads directly to battery pack pos and neg
2. Run a new #2 cable from pack negative to controller
3. Remove OBC. From what I gathered, blue and white do not have to be jumped as I can adjust the interlock through the alltrax software.
4. Factory charge receptacle and wiring can also be removed.

Does this sound like I’m on the right track? Thank you very much for the help. This forum is a wealth of knowledge
97expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:29 AM   #327
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97expo View Post
Okay, I just read through all 33 pages and think I have it down but just want to confirm.
Bought a non running 08.5 precedent. I have an alltrax controller, Lester on board charger, and new #2 cables all being installed.
1. Wire onboard charger leads directly to battery pack pos and neg
2. Run a new #2 cable from pack negative to controller
3. Remove OBC. From what I gathered, blue and white do not have to be jumped as I can adjust the interlock through the alltrax software.
4. Factory charge receptacle and wiring can also be removed.

Does this sound like I’m on the right track? Thank you very much for the help. This forum is a wealth of knowledge
I would wait for one of the more knowledgable folks to reply before you take this as definitive, but that is exactly what I did. However, I did jump the bule and white wire because I don't have an Alltrax. As I have read this forum I understand Alltrax software can be configured so you don't have to jump the wires.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:35 AM   #328
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, that is all correct, the interlock in the Alltrax can be changed to "High/Low" and it will work with the OBC blue wire disconnected.

Some Lester chargers can also directly connect to the Alltrax interlock, what model do you have?
Old 07-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #329
97expo
Not Yet Wild

Summit Series 2
97expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:54 AM   #330
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it is the 650w Summit II You can just run a wire from the charger Terminal #2 (interlock) directly to the Blue wire on harness side of the OBC 6-pin connector.

No other wire in that OBC 6-pin connector is used.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car