lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2023, 10:46 AM   #1
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 Tomberlin E4 won't go top speed

Hello everyone, I need some help with an issue I'm having. So my 2008 Emerge E4 will not go the top speed of 25 mph, I understand 25 mph might not be reached at all times however I'm lucky to get 18 or 19 out of it with me in the cart alone. So really quickly let me tell you what was been replaced to help the process. I have a new motor, I just replaced my speed sensor with an OEM Tomberlin one, and the controller is a GE 403TB1 has been rebuilt so it's good and checks out. I have also replaced the hall effect sensor with the newer version and did the conversion as well. When I installed the speed sensor I found a post where a gentleman said that you have to calibrate it for it to be accurate and work properly so I followed his instructions to a T. Now before the speed sensor replacement, I had no Odometer or speedometer, and after installing it is now working kinda. So first off when I accelerate from about 0-5 miles an hour the speedometer reads zero then as I accelerate more it will all of a sudden start displaying speed but the mph is not steady it will fluctuate as much as 4 miles per hour over or under the true speed. I have tested the true speed using my phone's GPS as a control. So I have made adjustments to the plunger in my accelerator, where the brass plunger goes into the hall effects sensor as the accelerator is pressed down. My thought is could the adjustments I made to the plunger be affecting my overall speed and my speedometer? If so how would you suggest I make the correct adjustments to resolve my issue?
Jhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2023, 08:47 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 Tomberlin E4 won't go top speed

Enclosed the instruction how to measure the Accelerator voltage output. This is from the Tomberlin Service Manual. When i replaced the ITS sensor back in 2018., i've calibrated it with a Curtis handset, as my Tomberlin had the Curtis 1268 Controller on board. I don't know, how it works with the GE controll.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot at 2023-10-19 15-22-59.png (40.3 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 09:40 AM   #3
Jhammer
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your response, I guess after reading that if the voltage is not correct what should I do? Does that mean you adjust the stroke of the plunger? The hall effect sensor is brand new so I know it's working properly. When I got the controller back from being rebuilt I noticed the speed wasn't correct and contacted the rebuilder, they stated that all parameters were set to factory settings.
Jhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2023, 10:40 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If the acc. pedal works correctely, i'd measure the voltage output only. ~ .5 - 4.5v should be observed. The Tomberlin pedal assembly is an Ezgo part, so you can find a lot of instructions online, how to adjust if needed.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tomberlin emerge e4
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin