lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default EVolution cart

Hey

A EVolution cart came in today, and I really don't know much about these carts. It is using 8v gel batteries and it turns out they need a new set. It appears the batteries are made by EVolution is well, they are light grey. A new set plus labor is very expensive, so to save money they want to use acid batteries instead. It has an on board charger under the seat. Interestingly it has its run/tow switch on the dashboard. My question is, can the charger be used with acid batteries, or will I need to add a female receptacle to work with acid?

Thanks
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
FluxCapacitor
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EVolution cart

I'm sure the real experts will chime in. In the mean time I read here that gel cells use a different charge profile (lower voltage?) than flooded and it will shorten the battery life (possibly dramatically) if you charge batteries with the wrong charging profile.

Some chargers may have settings right on them to select Flooded, Gel or AGM while others can be reprogrammed.

What brand and model charger is it? That will help the pros on here.
FluxCapacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

thanks,

It did not have any information on it that I could see. It is a square shaped black charger with large heat sink fins.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:09 PM   #4
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Update.

I should have done this before. but found out some info on the website. It does not identify any brand of charger, it only describes it on the website as an 18A on board charger. seems slightly under powered compared to most chargers I know of...most are 20A right? The lower amps would explain it, if it was only meant for gel batteries. It also says it is equipped with a 275amp curtis programmable controller. Not sure about this one
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts