lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2021, 11:52 AM   #1
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Extreme Team Lithium Pack

Wanted to share my Lithium experience. I was waiting for the RoyPow 160ah most of last year they had the delays then the wait for the P verison. I finally decided in April to pull the plug on the Extreme Team Lithium pack 48v 150ah. Ezgo RXV with 14" stock controlled tuned up by BB. Install was fairly straight forward. Main hiccup was the battery tray supports were in the way and had to be cut out. Lucky for me the guy at the course shop was able to help me out.
First weekend out played 36 holes on Saturday and 27 holes on Sunday with a few miles back and forth to clubhouse. Still had 61.1% battery left. I decided to try to run the pack down. Drove another 20 miles average 18mph, pack was only down to 34%.
Only weird thing was Top speed did not increase still 34mph tops.
Overall very pleased.
9 holes Monday, 14 holes Tuesday, and 18 yesterday and still over 74% at this rate I will only be charging once a week. The pack should last me well over 10 years. Considering I have changed lead acid batteries every 2 years this will be a big improvement.
I did the onboard charger.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
AJ-MJ
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Extreme Team Lithium Pack

looks great!
AJ-MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 11:11 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extreme Team Lithium Pack

The lack of change in top speed doesn't surprise me since you're running an AC cart. The AC cart is incredible in how they shoot up hills without slowing. But I would imagine the technology that they use to force specific rpms in varying conditions (think going uphill) would also force the top speed rpm to keep it the same.

34mph is really fast in a golf cart... My cart can't go that fast and still keep under 6k rpm (31/32mph max) but even so I turned down the max further. I know the RXV is completely different suspension than my TXT, but under 30 in my cart feels so much more stable than 30 and over.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme, lithium
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium