lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
spread footing
Getting Wild

Default Need help with Carburetor adjustment

Hey all,

I keep comin back for a reason! How about this, cart rarely but occasionally backfires, spits gas out of the front of the carb and the plugs were black as night. Oh and it will only start/run with the air filter off and the box open. Sounds like I am running a little rich wouldn't you say? I pulled the carb, clean as a whistle, but I cleaned and blew out anyways. Installed new plugs and no help there. The main jet and pilot jet were both screwed all the way clockwise, which I thought would be the most restrictive? Anyways, am I missing something? Would turning the jets counterclockwise actually kill some of the flow? A valve adjustement is definitely next, but my buddy keeps insisting the carb is running too rich and I can't find anything in the EXGo manual?

All thoughts appreciated.

btw, engine is a 2004 mci..., I can post pics of the carb if needed
spread footing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustment, carburetor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO