lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2016, 12:45 PM   #21
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ausco cable disc brake install thread

Scotty, when I click on the install link of your site all I get is "website builder " page.

Also is there any issue with lifted CC axles that have been flipped?

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Scotty, when I click on the install link of your site all I get is "website builder " page.

Also is there any issue with lifted CC axles that have been flipped?

That's okay because you are already here where the picture install links is
on the other links i get PDF instructions.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:36 PM   #23
ncrr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

First a bit of background..... A bit ago I installed the brake kit, and Loved the brakes. There was a small amount rotational noise, initially coming from the passenger side. As time went on, the noise got a bit worse, and also showed up on the drivers side. First I stripped the install off, then made sure everything was clean, no debris of any kind around, and then reinstalled. Once the adjustments were set, the noise was still there, but a bit less.

Scotty sent me a service bulletin about the brakes, which would have removed a shim between the hub and the axle bearing. First off, since this shim was on some carts and not others I was not looking forward to removing everything again to get to the shim, if it was there.....

After reading the service bulletin, I decided to first try the brake adjustment procedure they sorta hinted at in the bulletin, which was different than the procedure in the install sheets.

First I backed off the lock nut on the brake rod, then adjusted the cone nut out towards the end of the rod, until the brake lock would not any longer firmly click and hold the brake lock.

Next I adjusted the cone nut in, two turns, and retried the brake lock. It took me a couple of passes, but finally the brake lock firmly clicked and locked. I added one more turn in (for no good reason), then set the lock nut tight against the cone nut.

Did a road test, a small amount of noise initially, but after several 'hard' braking's, the noise appears to be gone. I believe that the brakes are working as well as they were before.

In retrospect, I believe that the cables were too tight, and that was the cause of the rubbing sound. Time will tell. Right now it looks like it solved the issue I had......

Hope that helps....
Henri
ncrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #24
Beau2135
Not Yet Wild

I am having a similar issue. The outside pad is firmly contacting the disc. It appears the only way to correct what's occuring would be to remove the 20mm washer between the hub and bearing. I am not confident this is the best approach however. Anyone else seen this before and can advise on a trouble shoot.
Beau2135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:04 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have seen this before and removing the washer solved the issue.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:20 PM   #26
hogasm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty could you post a picture of the 20mm washer BEAU2135 is talking about

Mine started clacking 4 years after install. Still have plenty of pad left and have tried adjusting
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:14 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
Scotty could you post a picture of the 20mm washer BEAU2135 is talking about

Mine started clacking 4 years after install. Still have plenty of pad left and have tried adjusting
Not certain, there could be some loose part in the caliper causing the chatter or it could be that the pads or the rotors are unevenly worn and need replacing.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:21 AM   #28
nosaj2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine used to chatter pretty bad. I readjusted the brake cable and it seems to have solve the issue. They will still chatter if you just lightly press the brake pedal.
nosaj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #29
nosaj2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also replaced the brake cables and left the stock cable springs in place. I don't think this helped any, but it did not seem hurt. I'm not sure why they say remove the spring.
nosaj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe it's so the pads don't chatter?

Tags
disc brakes; ausco
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO