lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2016, 11:43 AM   #11
jmevans_2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buying New Batteries - Looking for battery reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
jmevans, please don't think I was knocking Cartboys/Cartgirls. I truly don't think it is their fault. The point I was making was that most of them are hired for minimum wage and given almost no training. around here, we have either high school/college kids or retired senior citizens looking for free golf managing quarter million dollar fleets of golf carts with the only instruction being, check the water every now and then...... Pitiful. In my opinion, EZGO and Club Car would be better off if they took an active role and did fleet maintenance courses at these clubs when delivering new fleets to them. Granted the high turnover rate at most courses would still need to be addressed but it would at least be a start......
Oh don't worry, I don't take offense because I know that it is exactly as you described with kids taking care of them and retired folks working for free golf. Neither parties work with the interest of golf carts in mind. Kids will not take the initiative and the old folks didn't sign up to be putting in hard work.
jmevans_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2016, 11:48 AM   #12
jmevans_2
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I suspect the house labeled "Trojan" battery at the Battery Source is the "Black Box" economy grade which is roughly equal to a T-605 (210AH).

The Super Start battery at O reilly's is made East Penn (Deka)

FWIW: Rural King is a Exide vendor, as are other farm and tractor supply stores. I special ordered my Exide batteries through the local Rural King.

Attached is a list of the batteries your are considering. Lowest annual cost is at the top.

The lifespan listed is based the respective batteries having 67.5 AH discharged from them daily, which takes a T-105 down to 70% SoC.

Batteries with less than 225AH are discharged further when 67.5AH are removed, so they don't live as long, but the ones being considered don't cost as much initially, so their annual cost is less.

Will an economy grade battery work for your application, or do you want the range of a standard (stock) battery pack (225AH)?
Thanks for the analysis. How do you get the projected charging cycles?
I don't know the best battery for my application. 80% riding the neighborhood and sometimes hauling 3 other people. 10% offroading and digging the tires is soft dirt. 10% hunting and hauling deer out of the woods. Does that sound like a job for an economy or standard battery?
jmevans_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmevans_2 View Post
Thanks for the analysis.
1. How do you get the projected charging cycles?

2. I don't know the best battery for my application. 80% riding the neighborhood and sometimes hauling 3 other people. 10% offroading and digging the tires is soft dirt. 10% hunting and hauling deer out of the woods. Does that sound like a job for an economy or standard battery?
1. I looked them up on a spreadsheet I made.

I started with charts from battery manufacturers (ones for US Battery and for Trojan attached). The cycles at 10% increments is shown on the US Battery chart and I got actual numbers for the 10% points indirectly from Trojan.

I entered the 10% points in a spreadsheet and interpolated between them to get 0.1% points.

2. When fully charged, cart speed, hauling and hill climbing abilities will be roughly the same for all of those batteries. The lower the AH the sooner the performance starts to taper off, as well as the shorter the distance that can be traveled on a single charge and the sooner the batteries will have to be replaced.

Since you are doing some offroading, hunting and hauling deer out of the woods, and I suspect you have tires taller than 18" (stock height), I'd stick with the 225AH or 230AH batteries. The 215AH would be as low as I'd go otherwise.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg US Battery Cycle vs DoD.JPG (108.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg battery life cycle Capture.jpg (122.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:29 PM   #14
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

hey,

I mainly deal with Deka pro master batteries, after a few years of dealing with them I cant complain much, they seem to be good quality, assuming people keep them filled with water and dont destroy them lol

-steve
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, buying batteries, new batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO