lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New to golf carts. Upgrading g29

They are expensive but they shed 250 pounds of battery weight and they kick A$$ performance wise.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2016, 08:29 AM   #12
JIMBALLS
Not Yet Wild

I just put the riot kit in my g19. With new trojan t-875s it hit 33, held steady at 32. Jakes long travel lift kit with 23" tires. Now I'm the fastest at the campground.
JIMBALLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 11:39 PM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I recently did two G29 Lithium conversion. I added the Yamaha factory 2" lift kit to both of them. They are very well made and fit perfectly. They also maintain the front end geometry, keeping the turning radius the same. The tires are 255/50-12 (21" tall) See picture.
I don't have the part number handy, but I think cgtech may have it at his fingertips.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161222_112356480_HDR.jpg (476.0 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #14
BisonGolf
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I recently did two G29 Lithium conversion. I added the Yamaha factory 2" lift kit to both of them. They are very well made and fit perfectly. They also maintain the front end geometry, keeping the turning radius the same. The tires are 255/50-12 (21" tall) See picture.
I don't have the part number handy, but I think cgtech may have it at his fingertips.
Oh Man, I love that cart!! How hard was the battery conversion? Can you buy a kit? I am looking to sell my cart and either move to a new EFI or AC Yamaha. Because of the courses around here, I am thinking AC and then convert to lithium when the batteries are dead.
BisonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #15
xcntrk
Not Yet Wild

I would say plan for a new motor, new batteries, and new controller. The good news is that you don't have to do them all at once, but eventually you will upgrade each.

Here's my personal history:
Upgraded controller to an Altrax 500A. Got me to 28mph on stock motor.
Old batteries died quickly, upgraded to x6 brand new 8-volt Trojans.
I'm still on the stock motor, but know it will need to be replaced at some point.
xcntrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #16
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is part number for Yamaha factory 2" lift kit - GCA-JC150-00-00 - 2" Lift Kit
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #17
bayareamtnbiker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes the XCT 500A w/9 HP motor (e.g. Plowmans) does leave RXVs behind - which is fun to do :) And if a good higher voltage Li battery product ever comes out, you'll be able to take advantage of the voltage for both accel and range. Of course then you'll need bigger tires, and .....
bayareamtnbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:59 AM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

They dont have my Rxv tune-up, and they can't.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha