lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2017, 04:40 AM   #11
TrickCart
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extend run time

Connect your multimeter leads to either the Pack + and -, or the charging port + and - (banana plugs work well for this), and with the cart fully charged, taken off the charger and let rested for atleast two hours, take it out and floor it.... pay very close attention to the voltage reading on your meter. That'll tell us alot about whats happening with your battery pack as a whole when under full throttle (amperage draw)
TrickCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2017, 06:42 AM   #12
Cpmartin2007
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickCart View Post
Connect your multimeter leads to either the Pack + and -, or the charging port + and - (banana plugs work well for this), and with the cart fully charged, taken off the charger and let rested for atleast two hours, take it out and floor it.... pay very close attention to the voltage reading on your meter. That'll tell us alot about whats happening with your battery pack as a whole when under full throttle (amperage draw)
Just to be clear you're looking for an overall reading, correct ? You're looking for a voltage drop ? Or should I be looking for amperage ? If need be I could set up an amp clamp as well , (or rig something up I'm sure lol). Also I don't know how big of difference this will make but when I will be testing this tomorrow the ambient temp will be around 65F, and I've been testing this at around 25F. I'm really hoping to see a tremendous improvement with warmer temps.
Cpmartin2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #13
Cpmartin2007
Not Yet Wild

Also just ran it for however long it would run ... and one of the batteries dropped all the way to six volts ... overall is 47.08 all other batteries are around 7.5 to 8 volts .. I can get more detailed if anyone likes or if that information is enough .. thanks
Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #14
Cpmartin2007
Not Yet Wild

Also sorry .. jacked rear end up and full load at 40.12 Vdc
Old 03-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #15
2016CTD
Gone Wild
Club Car

StateOfChargePercetages-Trojan.jpg

At 8 volts that battery is between 40%-50% charged. The lowest battery probably is no good. Have you checked water levels?
2016CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:09 PM   #16
Cpmartin2007
Not Yet Wild

Yes sir just topped all off with distilled water before this last charge cycle , drove to my house roughly a mile a decent hill, and then to convenient store and back and barely made it at that, also took all leads off and took some contact cleaner and wore brush to them .. hoping that help but no luck .. is it smart to just replace one battery ? And could one battery cause an issue like this ?
Old 03-17-2017, 07:54 PM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

One trash battery will absolutely cause problems. Your cart is totally limited by the weakest battery in the chain. Also, how did you put a load on the system with the rear end jacked up? What was it pushing?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:41 PM   #18
Cpmartin2007
Not Yet Wild

Actually two trash batteries ... one had about 3 VDC under load and the other was at about 5 all others were steady at 8.25 or so maybe one or two MV off each other ... and for the load part only way I knew how to do it was with it jacked up and floored ... replaced those two batteries with two used Trojan ones today and lasted considerably longer ... not as long as I'd hope but will perform a full load test on soon when I get my equipment back !
Old 03-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #19
zephyrus
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

While I don't have a Yamaha, my Club Car is 48 volt and when it is fully charged, at rest, I see 52.6 volts on my meter consistently. I have 2 year old Crown CR 190 batteries.
zephyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrus View Post
While I don't have a Yamaha, my Club Car is 48 volt and when it is fully charged, at rest, I see 52.6 volts on my meter consistently. I have 2 year old Crown CR 190 batteries.
Yes, and now that the major junk is out of the system, the batteries will be able to get a better, more even charge. The junkers were also likely limiting the ability of the other batteries to reach a full charge.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, controllers, run time
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha