lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #11
TopherAndTick
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G31 AP

You are saying you can only buy this cart? Where do you live? Because that sounds crazy.
TopherAndTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Give Don at Plowmans a call (plowmanscarts.com) - if anyone can give You the full "skinny" on all things Yamaha, he's the definitive source.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If it is a carb model, no electronic rev limiter is present. If it is EFI, it has a computer with a rev limiter that can't currently be cheated.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:47 AM   #14
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

About the "monopoly", it sounds a bit crazy for me. I tried unsuccessfully to find these units in the US Yamaha part catalogs, so I suppose it is a Japanese version... I know some used units are imported in US by full containers (as here in Phils).

You can have a look at the Japanese part catalogs as follows (you are lucky, for these versions, there are English versions except for 2007):

1. Go to https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/parts-search/pc/
2. clic on the blue button at bottom of page
3. in the first combo box, clic on the 9th option (like a U 90° counterclockwise)
4. in the second combo box, select G31-AP then clic on the button on its right
5. select the unit you want (year, etc...)
6. On the top, change language from japanese to english and there you are.

You can save each page as pdf.

From there, you can answer plenty of your questions if you have the year/serial #...

On another hand, ask your importer if he can import parts and... at what price?
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:31 AM   #15
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks guys. Yes right there is a monopoly. Community of 20000 people and growing on an island in HK where management control everything. I can keep an old golf cart or switch only to the stock Gas or stock Electric versions (exclusive contracts just negotiated with Yamaha for both). Sounds like it would say if it was EFI. From what cgtech says (assuming there are carbs) I should be able to do something with it. Issue last time I had a Yamaha was that it was an EFI with electronic rev limiter that cant be cheated...

Will let you know if I get one of these and then I can some fun speeding it up.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:30 AM   #16
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobdiddy View Post
OK so the question is how can I best improve its power and speed it up?
No idea how it is done on this Yamaha unit, a look at the parts catalog would answer.

On an Hitachi, the only solution was to change the teeth wheel to "cheat" the speed detector. Unplugging it, after perhaps 20 meters, the unit was applying the brakes and stopping brutally!

This being said, there was so many detectors... you can be limited somewhere else :(

I resold it when I found a G15-A without all this electronic stuff, too much a nightmare!

One US member here had such a Yamaha but he removed all electronic and even changed the engine... which I suppose you do not want to do on this cart.

IMHO, you take it as it is or... not!
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha