lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
tommyb88
Not Yet Wild

Default new batteries yet completely dead

Club Car 48V
PQ0609-607037
New batteries. Fully charged. Each shows 12.6V. All tightened. I turn the key and nothing. Not even a battery light. Removed center cover and don't see any fuses. Where are they? I've only owned this a few years and no issues til batteries died. Bought new ones last year and stored indoors and never installed til now (kids didn't care). Got a guy that wants to buy it but it's unresponsive. Any help would be appreciated. I'm very handy but a total novice to golf carts.

Tx Tom
tommyb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: new batteries yet completely dead

Did it work before you installed new batteries? Did you take a picture with your cell phone before you took it apart? Are all batteries installed with the Pos. And Neg in the correct location? (Most common error) check the batteries to be sure you don't have one in backwards...every connector cable goes from Pos. to Neg. If any go Pos. to Pos. Or Neg. to Neg. Then that's your issue.😎
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: new batteries yet completely dead

If it was working before you swapped the batteries, sounds like something isn't wired right.
Did you put the tow/run switch in tow before starting the battery swap? If not, you could have fried the controller.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

OBC locked out? Blown fuse?
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Batteries set for a year before install is probably the problem. Batteries lose 1% per day even on a shelf. Batteries need charging every so often even when not in use. You will need to charge them individually to get the charge up enough so that the cart charger will actually kick on.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I miss read your post. I thought the whole pack voltage was 12.6. Sorry! You can try unplugging the 2 wire plug at the MCOR and jump it with a paper clip and see if it runs. If it does, the switch on the MCOR is bad.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #7
tommyb88
Not Yet Wild

Yes guys it's wired right. Yes it worked last year. Yes each battery is 12.6V. I own lotsa stuff. Not my first rodeo. I fully charged them 2 days ago and tested each one individually at 12.6V.

But I don't know what this means. Plz enlighten me.

You can try unplugging the 2 wire plug at the MCOR and jump it with a paper clip.

What is the MCOR? If there are fuses where are they? I don't see them in the wiring harness between the batteries. Is there an inline fuse somewhere? Much appreciate the advice...
Old 09-18-2017, 10:11 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyb88 View Post
Yes guys it's wired right. Yes it worked last year. Yes each battery is 12.6V. I own lotsa stuff. Not my first rodeo. I fully charged them 2 days ago and tested each one individually at 12.6V.

But I don't know what this means. Plz enlighten me.

You can try unplugging the 2 wire plug at the MCOR and jump it with a paper clip.

What is the MCOR? If there are fuses where are they? I don't see them in the wiring harness between the batteries. Is there an inline fuse somewhere? Much appreciate the advice...
The MCOR is located under the pedal assembly. It takes some torx head bits to remove the floor mat and the pedal assembly. There should be 2 sets of wires going to it. One with 2 wires and one with 3 wires. Unplug the 2 wire plug and put a straighten out paper clip from one hole to the next on that plug. Does the reverse buzzer should when in reverse? If not it could be the OBC lockout like was mentioned earlier. I don't have any pics to help you.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What is being jumped at the MCOR is the pedal switch which activates the solenoid when the pedal is pressed.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:07 PM   #10
tommyb88
Not Yet Wild

ok I'll try that this afternoon and advise. The pedal isn't bouncing back at all so I think it may be a mess down there. I'll see what I can find. tx again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car